Sound not Working After Windows Update
You may experience a situation where your sound stops working or does not work correctly after a Windows update. Performing the following steps will help you resolve the issue.
- Run the Windows Audio Troubleshooter which is found in this Microsoft Knowledge Base article Fix sound problems.
If the issue persists follow these steps:
(instructions for each step are detailed in the Microsoft Fix sound problems article by selecting the topic headers from the drop down menu)
- Use Device Manager to update or reinstall the audio driver (Article section - Check Device Manager)
- Make sure the correct audio device is set as the default (Article section - Set default device)
- Turn off Audio Enhancements (Article section - Turn off audio Enhancements)
- Try another audio format (Article section - Try different audio formats)
For additional information refer to Dell Knowledge Base article Sound/Audio Problems in Microsoft Windows.
Article ID: SLN307108
Last Date Modified: 08/17/2017 08:36 AM