This article provides steps to back up and import custom reports utilized by Dell Security Management Server (formerly Dell Data Protection | Enterprise Edition Server).
Dell Security Management Server
Dell Data Protection | Enterprise Edition Server
8.0 and Later
An administrator may need to back up and/or import reports to Dell Security Management Server:
- To upgrade the Dell Security Management Server
- To test reporting issues
- To import reports provided by Dell Data Security ProSupport
For more information, click on either Backup or Import.
To back up custom reports:
From the Dell Security Management Server, back up Program Files\Dell\Enterprise Edition\Compliance Reporter\webapp\web-inf\reports\db.
Note: The Compliance Reporter location may differ from the example if another directory was chosen during install.
To import custom reports:
- Right-click the Windows start menu and then click Run.
- In the Run UI, type services.msc and then press OK. This will open the services UI.
- In the services UI, right-click Dell Compliance Reporter and then click Stop.
- Navigate to Program Files\Dell\Enterprise Edition\Compliance Reporter\webapp\web-inf\reports\db and then delete:
- The Compliance Reporter location may differ from the example if another directory was chosen during install.
- In cmgreport.x.log, x represents a numerical value which may differ in your environment.
- Move the following files from the backup or custom report into Program Files\Dell\Enterprise Edition\Compliance Reporter\webapp\web-inf\reports\db:
- From the services UI, right-click Dell Compliance Reporter and then click Start.
For additional support, US based customer can call Dell Data Security ProSupport at: 877.459.7304 Ext. 4310039 or you may also contact us via the Chat Portal. For support outside the US, reference ProSupport’s International Contact Numbers list. Visit the Dell Security Community Forum to get insights from other community members and additional resources to help you manage your environment.