How to reset the counters on a Dell 2145cn color laser printer
After you replace the rollers or fuser in your Dell 2145cn Color Laser Printer, you will need to reset the corresponding counter.
To reset the counters
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait for the printer to enter Ready mode.
- On the control panel, press the following sequence of keys quickly to enter your printer's Tech Menu: Menu > # > 1 > 9 > 3 > 4 > Menu.
- Note: If the Tech Menu doesn't appear, press the key sequence again as quickly as possible. A delay in pressing the keys will stop the menu from opening.
- The Tech Menu option should appear. Use the Arrow keys to highlight Tech Menu and press the OK key to select it.
- Select Data setup, then select Clear counts.
- Enter access code 1934 when prompted.
- Select the part you replaced: Tray 1 roller, Tray 2 roller, MP Tray roller or Fuser.
- The screen will briefly display "Clearing."
- Restart the printer. When the printer turns back on, the counter will be reset and your printer will be ready for use.
Article ID: SLN142405
Last Date Modified: 11/14/2016 02:01 PM