NOTE: It is recommended that only Dell Branded toners are used in Dell Laser Printers as Dell cannot guarantee compatibility or the print quality of any 3rd party toners.
NOTE: Ensure that you remove all the paper from the bypass tray and close the bypass tray cover before removing the toner cartridge.
Back to Top
- Grasp the grips on both sides of the front cover, and then pull it down to open.
- Grasp the handle on the toner cartridge that you want to replace, and then pull it out.
- Do not shake the toner cartridge as it may cause toner spills.
- Never throw a toner cartridge into an open flame. Remaining toner in the cartridge may catch fire and cause burn injuries or explosion.
NOTE: Slide out the toner cartridge gently. Otherwise, toner may spill from the cartridge.
- Unpack a new toner cartridge of the desired color
- Shake the new toner cartridge five or six times to distribute the toner evenly.
- Insert the toner cartridge into the associated cartridge slot, and then push until it clicks into place.
- Close the front cover.
NOTE: If the front cover is not closed completely, a message appears and the machine will remain paused.
If these steps do not correct the problem, please contact Dell Technical Support.
More information can be found in the User Guide
for your model printer, or visit our Printer Support site
for additional information, troubleshooting articles and videos.
Purchase Toner and other Dell Laser Printer Supplies
(select your country in the dropdown shown)
It is recommended that only Dell Branded toner, drums, transfer rollers or other consumables are used in our laser printers. Dell cannot guarantee compatibility or the print quality of any 3rd party consumables.