Error Received When Drivers Are Not Installed in Correct Order
If the Dell Photo All-in-One (AIO) printer is already installed on a system and the Dell 3300 wireless printer adapter is added to the configuration, the network printer object is not created. When attempting to print, the error message Communication not available is displayed. To resolve this issue, uninstall your Dell AIO printer driver, install the Dell 3300 wireless printer driver, and then reinstall the Dell AIO printer driver.
Ensure that Network and/or Advance Install, Install printer driver, and Install printer on network are selected during the 3300 wireless adapter installation process.
Verify the Dell 3300 wireless printer adapter is at the latest version of the firmware and, if not, download the latest version of the firmware:
To install the latest version of Dell 3300 wireless printer adapter, download it from the Dell Drivers and Downloads site.
To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:
Uninstall the Existing Dell All-In-One Printer Drivers
Click Start, point to Programs, point to Dell, then click Dell Printer Software Uninstall.
Select the components to uninstall, and then click Next.
Click Uninstall Now to proceed with the uninstallation of the printer drivers.
Click OK after the uninstallation has been completed.
Begin the Installation
- Insert the Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300 installation CD in the optical drive.
- Click the Install 3300 Utility.
- Accept the License Agreement window.
- Click Finish.
- When the Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300 Setup Wizard window (Figure 1) appears, click Next.
Figure 1: Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300 Setup Wizard Window (click to enlarge)
- The Wizard shows all the wireless networks found either on the system or in the area. Choose I want to use a different configuration (even if one of the listed configurations is correct), then click Next.
- Click I want to enter a different network name, then click Next.
- Type the name of the wireless network.
- Choose either Infrastructure Mode or Ad-hoc Mode, then click Next.
- Choose the wireless security setting that matches the configuration of the wireless network.
| ||Choose No Security if you have not configured the wireless network for security.|| |
- If the Connect Printer Adapter to Printer window appears, the Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300 has been configured to communicate with the wireless network (Figure 2).
Figure 2: The Connect Printer Adapter to Printer Window (click to enlarge)
- If the Connection Failed window appears, the Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300 has not successfully connected to the wireless network.
Network Installation of Dell™ All-In-One Printer Drivers
To install and configure the Dell All-In-One (AIO) Printer drivers using the network installation, perform the following steps:
- Insert the Drivers and Utilities CD that was shipped with the printer into the CD drive.
- Scroll through the list of drivers and select x:\drivers\ from the Location column, where x represents the CD drive letter.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
- Verify the AIO printer is powered on and connected to the Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300.
- Click Start then click Run.
- In the Open: box type x, where x represents the CD drive letter.
- Click Browse.
- Click to highlight SETUP.EXE then click OK.
- Click Network Installation - Install this printer for use on a network.
- Click The printer is connected directly to a network or wireless printer adapter.
- Click the IP Address that matches the IP address of the AIO printer,then click Next.
If the printer's IP Address is not listed click the Add Printer button and click the Refresh button to search for available printers.
- Click the Print an Alignment Page check box.
- Click Next to print an alignment page.
- If the alignment page printed correctly, click Next.
| ||If the page did not print correctly, click the Question mark icon to launch the Printer Troubleshooter|| |
- Click Finish to complete the installation
Quick Tips content is self-published by the Dell Support Professionals who resolve issues daily. In order to achieve a speedy publication, Quick Tips may represent only partial solutions or work-arounds that are still in development or pending further proof of successfully resolving an issue. As such Quick Tips have not been reviewed, validated or approved by Dell and should be used with appropriate caution. Dell shall not be liable for any loss, including but not limited to loss of data, loss of profit or loss of revenue, which customers may incur by following any procedure or advice set out in the Quick Tips.