It is recommended that only Dell Branded toners are used in Dell Laser Printers as Dell cannot guarantee compatibility or the print quality of any 3rd party toners.
Ensure that you remove all the paper from the bypass tray and close the bypass tray cover before removing the toner cartridge.
- Grasp the grips on both sides of the front cover, and then pull it down to open.
- Grasp the handle on the toner cartridge that you want to replace, and then pull it out.
- Do not shake the toner cartridge as it may cause toner spills.
- Never throw a toner cartridge into an open flame. Remaining toner in the cartridge may catch fire and cause burn injuries or explosion.
Slide out the toner cartridge gently. Otherwise, toner may spill from the cartridge.
- Unpack a new toner cartridge of the desired color
- Shake the new toner cartridge five or six times to distribute the toner evenly.
- Insert the toner cartridge into the associated cartridge slot, and then push until it clicks into place.
- Close the front cover.
If the front cover is not closed completely, a message appears and the machine will remain paused.
More information can be found in the User Guides C3760n, C3760dn ,C3765dnf, S3840cdn, S3845cdn.
If these steps do not correct the problem, please contact Dell Technical Support.
Purchase Toner and other Dell Laser Printer Supplies
Back to Top