Set up a separate user profile to increase system stability
With the introduction of User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista and Windows 7, major improvements in terms of security were made. However, many applications and games may be negatively limited by this feature.
In order to have the best of both worlds, we recommend having two user profiles, one fully protected by UAC (which will be for everyday use) and one specifically tweaked for games and applications that require full administrator access. This will not only maintain the overall security and stability of the system, but also allows for flexibility when it is needed.
To create a new user account do the following:
1. Click on the Start button
2. Open the Control Panel and choose User Accounts and Family Safety
3. Select Add or remove user accounts.
4. Click on Create a new account.
5. Type in the new account name, and set its type as Administrator
6. Click on Create Account.
7. By default, Windows will not assign a password; you can make one by clicking on that user's icon and selecting Create a password. Alternatively, you can leave it blank and you may set a password on the first log on.
Give us a call and our gaming specialists will help you set up a separate user profile to ensure your system is secure while maximizing your gaming performance!
Call us at 1-877-330-9732
Article ID: SLN113714
Last Date Modified: 08/14/2015 02:56 PM