Alienware Area-51, Aurora R1, Aurora R2, Aurora R3
1. What is AlienRespawn?
2. Launching AlienRespawn within Windows
3. Launching AlienRespawn outside of Windows
What is AlienRespawn?
AlienRespawn is proprietary backup software preinstalled on Alienware systems. This software contains a backup copy of all the software originally installed on the system so that it can be recovered at any time.
*Note: If your computer is loading into windows, begin with Step 2; if it is not loading into windows, begin with Step 3.
Launching AlienRespawn within Windows
*Note: This process will not back up any installed programs or applications and it might not restore or recover all saved files in the computer. Please back up your data before proceeding.
1. Click "Start button".
2. Click "All programs".
3. Click "AlienRespawn".
4. Click "Restore" on the upper left hand corner.
5. Click "Restore your entire system to a previous date or to the factory state".
6. Restart the system when prompted.
7. Once the systems restarts click "Preserve new or changed files before restoring to selected System Back" then click "Next".
8. Click "Yes, continue" and then "Next".
9. A progress bar will move forward through the process once it reaches 100% click "Restart".
10. The system will restart and take you back into Windows.
Launching AlienRespawn outside of Windows
1. Restart the system.
2. On the Alienware Logo screen, press F8 several times to access the Advanced options menu.
3. Choose "Repair your computer" and press "Enter".
4. Select your keyboard language and the click "Next"
5. User name and password may be required, enter the login information and then click "Ok"
*Note: If your Windows password is disabled, it will not be needed so, select the user name and press "ok".
6. At the System Recovery Options choose "Dell DataSafe Restore and Emergency Backup" or "AlienRespawn Restore and Emergency Backup".
7. Repeat steps 7 to 9 from the "Launching AlienRespawn within Windows" section above.