- Where can I check the status of my order?
- What are the benefits of the online order status tool?
- How can I check the progress of my orders?
- What is available for me in the Online Order Status details page?
- What is the Estimated Delivery Date and how is it determine?
- Why is my order delayed?
- Which shipping methods and carriers are available?
- Do I need to sign in for delivery?
- How is multiple items delivery managed?
- Can I change my delivery address?
- Do you need further assistance?
What are the benefits of Online Order Status tool?
The online web application allows you to easily view the current stage and status of orders. It also enables you to check the progress of your order at any time. You can track your orders placed, both online or offline.
When your order has shipped, the tracking link will not be visible immediately. This information will appear as soon as the carrier provides this information. Please check back again.
You will be asked to enter two types of verification information to protect your privacy. The easiest options are searching by Order Number and verifying with Customer Number. You can find this information in your Order Confirmation email.
- Provides an "At-a-glance" summary status bar.
- Delivery information (information available is dependent on order status)
- Order status
- Estimated delivery date
- Related customer information, such as Customer Number and Order Number.
- Tracking link, tracking number — if the carrier link is available, you will be taken through to the carrier website for order tracking
- Shipped date
- Shipping method
- Order date
- Packing slip link when orders shipped
- Invoice link when order shipped
What is the Estimated Delivery Date and how is it determined?
- Production/Packing time - This is the time that it will take to assemble and/or pack your order for shipment. The length of time is influenced by the production build time and/or product availability.
- Payment method - The amount of time it takes for authorization of the payment is different for different forms of payment such as Credit Cards, Pay Pal, and Dell Preferred Account.
- Shipping Option chosen at the time of purchase - The Shipping option is the amount of time it will take for your order to arrive at your address AFTER it has shipped.
You can view the latest estimated delivery date information in our Order Status Tool.
Why is my order delayed?
Your order might take longer to process if you have ordered one of Dell’s most popular products. Also, if your order contains a part that is currently unavailable, your order might be delayed.
Which shipping methods and carriers are available?
You chose the shipping method (Next Business Day, 3-5 Business Days, etc.) at the time that you placed your order. Dell partners with industry leading carriers for each shipping option, and we will use the most appropriate carrier to deliver your order. Please note that the shipping method is the amount of time it will take for you order to be delivered AFTER it has shipped and does not include any manufacturing or order processing time. For more information, see What is the Estimated Delivery Date and how is it determined?
Most of our shipments contain valuable items, so our carriers are required to obtain a signature upon delivery for equipment ordered. If you are not available to sign for the delivery, you can arrange for another adult to accept the delivery on your behalf – as long as it is at the same address.
How is multiple items delivery managed?
Depending on what you ordered, your order may be shipped in more than one box. Parts of your order may be shipped with a different order number and may not arrive on the same day. You can view all of your orders by using your Dell Purchase ID Number in the “Search By” field in our Order Status Tool.
This number can be found on your Order Confirmation e-mail. You can also view your orders by logging into My Account.
Can I change my delivery address?
As soon as you have submitted your order, the delivery address is verified.
To help prevent fraud, we cannot change the delivery address after your order is submitted and verified. If you won’t be available to accept delivery, you can arrange for another adult to take delivery on your behalf — as long as it’s at the same address.
Do you need further assistance?
Please contact our Dell Customer Support experts.