All the support and information you need in one convenient location
Alien Autopsy provides automated technical support, which makes solving and preventing problems easier than ever.
This easy-to-use application gives you access to everything you need to take the guesswork out of owning and maintaining your device.
Download Alien Autopsy
Alien Autopsy is preinstalled on all new Alienware devices and provides:
- Advice and alerts to let you know about issues before they happen and tools to fix issues if they arise
- Flexible, automated backup and recovery through Alienware Respawn to ensure that your important documents, pictures and media files remain safe
- Easy access to Dell support, warranty information and services, saving time and reducing hassle
If your device did not come with Alien Autopsy installed or you want to reinstall Alien Autopsy, make sure that your device meets the minimum system requirements and then follow the instructions below.
Minimum System Requirements
Supported System Platforms:
- Alienware Desktop purchased after September 2009
- Alienware Laptop purchased after September 2009
- Operating system: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Processor: 1.33 gigahertz (GHz)
- Memory: 512 megabytes (MB)
- Hard disk space: 512 megabytes (MB)
- Display: 1024X768 screen resolution, 16-bit mode
- Connectivity: Internet access required
- Administrator rights
To install Alien Autopsy
- Download Alien Autopsy and then run the program.
- If you’re prompted to allow the program to make changes to your computer, click Yes.
- The Alien Autopsy Installation dialog box will appear and show the installation progress.
- When the Alien Autopsy installation is complete, click Finished.
- To open Alien Autopsy, click Start, type Alien Autopsy in the search box and then click the Alien Autopsy icon (a white wrench in a blue circle.)
- On the Alien Autopsy Settings menu, select both check boxes and click OK to allow Dell to provide automatic software updates and collect your system information for personalized support. If you’re reinstalling or upgrading Alien Autopsy, you will not be prompted again to allow updates and alerts.
Note: You can use Alien Autopsy without allowing Dell to collect your Service Tag and system configuration information, but you will not receive the benefits of faster phone or chat support and personalized upgrades and tools for your device’s hardware and software.You can change your usage information and Service Tag settings at any time by going to the Settings menu within the Alien Autopsy application.
New Alien Autopsy Features
Alien Autopsy provides personalized support resources with features and tools that help you resolve current problems and prevent new ones.
- Proactive alerting: Automated update and notification alerts keep your system up to date and running efficiently. Alien Autopsy detects when you’re connected to the internet and automatically checks for software upgrades, driver updates, and patches for your device.
- Enhanced troubleshooting: Alien Autopsy includes PC Checkup, a troubleshooting and diagnostic tool that scans and tests your system’s hardware. PC Checkup provides automated fixes for common configuration issues and creates detailed reports that can be used by Dell agents to help resolve any issues quickly. The PC Checkup hardware scan is scheduled to run once a month, but you can modify how often it runs in the Settings menu or run it manually.
- Technical experts: Whether you prefer online support, chatting with or calling a customer support representative, Alien Autopsy lets you choose the support that fits your needs.
- Customized support: Alien Autopsy automatically locates your Service Tag number, PC model number, Express Service Code, as well as your warranty information. This ensures that you get only support articles, manuals, drivers, updates and error fixes relevant to your device’s hardware and software.
Alien Autopsy and Your Privacy