Features and Benefits
Software made easier
Dell Digital Delivery is an easy and new way to buy software when you purchase a PC. You can automatically download and install available software titles on select systems. All it takes is an internet connection and a few minutes — so you can enjoy the customization Dell stands for, without the wait, and get right back to work.
- Automatic installation — There’s no need to manage login credentials, visit websites, wait for emails, find license information or use DVDs. Once you’re connected to the internet, Dell Digital Delivery does the rest.
- Restore capability — Whether you're reinstalling an application or doing a full system restoration, Dell Digital Delivery keeps track of your purchases and automates the process, so there’s no need to find the right CD or DVD if you should need to reinstall in the future.
- Environmentally conscious — Dell Digital Delivery helps you reduce paper and plastic waste since most software has plenty of packaging but no longer includes printed manuals. Plus, you can avoid a trip to the store.
The Dell Digital Delivery application is pre-installed on most Dell systems. If you need to re-install the application, download Dell Digital Delivery here .
How does it work
Dell Digital Delivery
enables you to purchase select software titles at the same time you order your computer. When you receive your computer, the software is automatically downloaded and installed from the internet.An internet connection is required for Dell Digital Delivery to download your software.
Here’s how it works:
- Choose select software titles with your new computer order on Dell.com
- When you receive your system and turn it on, you will be guided through setup, including connecting to the internet. A broadband internet connection is recommended.
- The Dell Digital Delivery installer application will run automatically and the software you purchased will be downloaded and installed by Dell.
- You will not receive media (CDs or DVDs) or printed documentation for software purchased using Dell Digital Delivery, as an online restore capability is provided with your purchase.
Learn how to use Dell Digital Delivery and how to uninstall or reinstall a digitally delivered application.
- Dell Precision
Minimum supported system requirements:
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- 1GHz processor or faster
- At least 512 megabytes (MB) of RAM
- At least 512 megabytes (MB) of available space on the hard disk
- Screen resolution of 800x600
- Screen colors — 256 colors
- Internet access
Additional Information for IT Managers
Private and secure
Customer privacy is of the utmost concern to Dell.