All the support and information you need in one convenient location
My Dell, previously called Dell Support Center, provides automated technical support, which makes solving and preventing problems easier than ever. This easy-to-use application gives you access to everything you need to take the guesswork out of owning and maintaining your device.
My Dell is preinstalled on all new Dell devices and provides:
- Advice and alerts to let you know about issues before they happen and tools to fix issues if they arise
- Flexible, automated backup and recovery through Dell Backup and Recovery to ensure that your important documents, pictures and media files remain safe
- Save time and reduce hassle with easy access to Dell support, warranty information, and services
If your device did not come with My Dell installed or you want to reinstall My Dell, make sure that your device meets the minimum system requirements and then follow the instructions below.
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating system: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Processor: 1.33 gigahertz (GHz)
- Memory: 512 megabytes (MB)
- Hard disk space: 512 megabytes (MB)
- Display: 1024X768 screen resolution, 16-bit mode
- Connectivity: Internet access required
- Administrator rights
To install My Dell
- Download My Dell and then run the program.
- If you’re prompted to allow the program to make changes to your computer, click Yes.
- The My Dell Installation dialog box will appear and show the installation progress.
- When the My Dell installation is complete, click Finished.
- To open My Dell, click Start, type My Dell in the search box and then click the My Dell icon (a white wrench in a blue circle.)
- On the My Dell Settings menu, select both check boxes and click OK to allow Dell to provide automatic software updates and collect your system information for personalized support. If you’re reinstalling or upgrading My Dell, you will not be prompted again to allow updates and alerts.
Note: You can use My Dell without allowing Dell to collect your Service Tag and system configuration information, but you will not receive the benefits of faster phone or chat support and personalized upgrades and tools for your device’s hardware and software.You can change your usage information and Service Tag settings at any time by going to the Settings menu within the My Dell application.
My Dell will automatically detect your Service Tag, Express Service Code and warranty status.
New My Dell Features
My Dell provides personalized support resources with features and tools that help you resolve current problems and prevent new ones.
- Proactive alerting: Automated update and notification alerts keep your system up to date and running efficiently. My Dell detects when you’re connected to the internet and automatically checks for software upgrades, driver updates, and patches for your device.
- Enhanced troubleshooting: My Dell includes PC Checkup, a troubleshooting and diagnostic tool that scans and tests your system’s hardware. PC Checkup provides automated fixes for common configuration issues and creates detailed reports that can be used by Dell agents to help resolve any issues quickly. The PC Checkup hardware scan is scheduled to run once a month, but you can modify how often it runs in the Settings menu or run it manually.
- Technical experts: Whether you prefer online support, chatting with or calling a customer support representative, My Dell lets you choose the support that fits your needs.
- Customized support: My Dell automatically locates your Service Tag number, PC model number, Express Service Code, as well as your warranty information. This ensures that you get only support articles, manuals, drivers, updates and error fixes relevant to your device’s hardware and software.
Additional Support Resources
- Video Tutorials
My Dell and Your Privacy