A bootable live image with a collection of Dell tools for your support needs.
Support Live Image is a compilation of common support, serviceability, and update tools for your PowerEdge servers, PowerEdge C servers, PowerVault storage systems, web-scale converged appliances, and Datacenter Scalable Solutions. These tools are delivered in the Community ENTerprise Operating System (CentOS) live environment making Support Live Image use well suited for the following scenarios:
- Running an unsupported or corrupt operating system
- Fixing misconfigured RAID
- When systems management tools are not installable with your OS
- Performing firmware and BIOS updates in a known environment
- Managing PowerEdge Cloud updates and utilities
To begin accessing Dell tools for your support needs within the CentOS live environment, you must download Support Live Image and then create a bootable DVD or USB key, or mount Support Live Image on a virtual drive.
For troubleshooting issues with 12th to 14th generation of PowerEdge servers, use Support Live Image version 3.0
. For information on Support Live Image version 3.0, see the Support Live Image version 3.0 User's Guide
For troubleshooting issues with 9th to 11th generation of PowerEdge servers, use Support Live Image version 2.2
. For information on Support Live Image version 2.2, see the Support Live Image version 2.2 User's Guide
The CentOS Live Image gives you access to all the tools and utilities available in regular CentOS installations. Many of the services are pre-configured to allow you to do things such as remote desktop to a machine booted to Support Live Image, and transfer files to, and from a machine booted to Support Live Image via HTTP, FTP, and Samba.
Additionally, Support Live Image allows you to access the following Dell tools:
- Asset Tag Utility: The Asset Tag Utility provides the ability to read and display the FRU fields Asset Tag, Service Tag, and PPID. It also provides the capability to update the Asset Tag field.
- OMSA: OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA) allows system administrators to manage individual servers from an integrated, web-browser-based graphical-user-interface (GUI) and from a command-line interface (CLI) through the operating system. Server Administrator is designed for system administrators to manage systems locally and remotely on a network.
- SUU: Server Update Utility is an application for identifying and applying updates to your Dell PowerEdge system or to view the updates available for any system supported by SUU.
- iDRAC Evaluation License Utility: This utility is for customers who have recently replaced the motherboard and need to reinstall the iDRAC7, iDRAC8, or iDRAC9 Enterprise license locally (with no network connectivity) and activate the dedicated NIC. This utility installs a 30-day trial iDRAC7, iDRAC8, or iDRAC9 Enterprise license and allows the user to reset the iDRAC from a shared NIC to a dedicated NIC.
NOTE: Support Live Image is a replacement for OMSA Live CD and a rebranding of DSP SLI.