|Description:||This file contains a compressed (or zipped) set of files. Download the file to a folder on your hard drive, then double-click it to unzip the set of files. Follow the instructions to complete the installation.|
|Description:||This file contains a compressed (or zipped) set of files. Download the file to a folder on your hard drive, and then run (double-click) it to unzip the set of files. Follow the instructions to complete the installation.|
Level of Importance:Urgent
For a bootable diskette image.
1. Doubleclick "BR126083.EXE."
2. Insert a floppy diskette into your floppy drive and click "Continue" button.
3. The image process will begin.
4. Upon image creation completion, you will be prompted to click "Finish" button.
5. You will need to shut down and restart your system with the newly created floppy in the drive.
6. The utility will run automatically and find the applicable drives to modify.
7. A result will indicate that the applicable drive(s) was successfully changed or that the applicable drives are not present.
8. Remove the diskette and restart your system; process complete.
To run the Windowsbased utility you must save the files to your hard drive.
1. Doubleclick "R126083.EXE."
2. Click "Continue" button.
3. The default directory for the saved files "C:\Dell\Drivers\R126083\" will already be provided in the prompt. Click "OK" to proceed.
4. To create the folder on your hard drive, click "Yes" to proceed.
5. Press "OK" to proceed.
6. A window containing the utility will open on the screen.
7. Doubleclick "NoDoze.exe" to start the utility.
8. The utility will run automatically and find the applicable drives to modify.
9. A result will indicate that the applicable drive(s) was successfully changed or that the applicable drives are not present.
10. Press "OK" to close the application; process complete.
|Systems Dimension 3100/E310 Dimension 3100C Dimension 4700 Dimension 5100 Dimension 5100C Dimension 5150/E510 Dimension 5150C Dimension 9100 Dimension 9150/XPS 400 OptiPlex 170L OptiPlex 210L OptiPlex 210LN OptiPlex 630 OptiPlex GX280 OptiPlex GX520 OptiPlex GX620 OptiPlex SX280 Precision 370 Precision 380 Precision 470 Precision 670 XPS 200 XPS 400/Dimension 9150 XPS 600||Operating Systems Red Hat Ent Linux 3 Red Hat Ent Linux 4 MS Windows Server 2003 MS Windows XP MS Windows 2003 x64 MS Windows XP x64|
- 6V080E0, 80GB, SATA, 3.0Gb
- 6V160E0, 160GB, SATA, 3.0Gb
- 7V250F0, 250GB, SATA, 3.0Gb
Fixes & Enhancements
Download the File to your Desktop
This file BR126083.exe uses the Floppy Disk format and is designed to be directly executed from Windows environment.
1. Click Download File. The File Download window appears.
2. Click the Save button. The Save As window appears.
3. Select Desktop using the drop-down menu to the right of Save in.
4. Click the Save button. A progress meter moves as the download is completed. If necessary, click X in the upper right-hand corner of the Download Progress Window to close it upon completion.
NOTE: Shut down all other applications prior to running the BIOS update utility. The update utility reboots your system in order to get the new BIOS loaded.
Run the BIOS Update Utility From Windows Environment
1. Double click the Icon on your desktop labeled BR126083.exe. The Dell Floppy BIOS Image creation window appears
2. Click the Continue button. The Dell Floppy BIOS Image creation utility is copying a bootable image to your diskette.
3. Click the Finish button.
4. Shutdown your computer.
5. Reboot your computer ensuring the newly created floppy disk is inserted in your floppy drive.
Your computer will boot from the floppy diskette and flash the Systems BIOS. After it has completed, remove the floppy diskette and restart your computer.
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with HTML Pop-Up Window for R126083.EXE
1.Click Download File, to download the file.
2.When the File Download window appears, click Save this program to disk (Windows XP users, click Save) and click OK. The Save In: window appears.
3.From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4.If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file name icon appears on your desktop.
1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R126083.EXE. The Self-Extractor window appears.
2.Click OK or Continue.The Self-Extracting Driver Installation window appears and prompts to extract files to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R126083.
3.Leave all of the default settings and click Unzip or OK. If the directory doesn't exist, you'll be prompted to create one. Click Yes. A Self Extractor window appears and indicates C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R126083 files were
4.Click OK. Follow the on-screen installation instructions in the window.
HTML Pop-Up With Install Now Button
1.The Dell Software Installation Documentation window appears.
2.Click the Install Now button. A File Download window appears.
3.Click Run this program from its current location and click OK. The Security Warning window appears.
4.Click Yes. The InstallShield Wizard window appears.
5.Follow the on-screen instructions.
This is an optional process and is not required for the downloading and installation of device drivers from this site.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.