|Description:||This file contains a compressed (or zipped) set of files. Download the file to a folder on your hard drive, and then run (double-click) it to unzip the set of files. Follow the instructions to complete the installation.|
Level of Importance:Recommended
2. Please follow the Install Instructions with this release.
|Systems Dimension 3100/E310 Dimension 3100C Dimension 5100 Dimension 5100C Dimension 5150/E510 Dimension 5150C Dimension 9100 Dimension 9150/XPS 400 Dimension 9200 Dimension 9200c Dimension C521 Dimension E520 Dimension E521 Inspiron 530 Inspiron 530s Inspiron 531 Inspiron 531s OptiPlex 740 OptiPlex 745 OptiPlex 745c OptiPlex 755 Precision 380 Precision 390 Precision 490 Desktop Precision 690 Precision T3400 Precision T5400 Precision T7400 Vostro 200 Vostro 400 XPS 200 XPS 210 XPS 400/Dimension 9150 XPS 410 XPS 420 XPS 600 XPS 700 Jet Black XPS 710 XPS 710 H2C XPS 720 Black XPS 720 H2C XPS/Dimension XPS Gen 5||Operating Systems MS Windows Vista 32-bit MS Windows Vista 64-bit MS Windows XP MS Windows XP x64|
- CA200 HH 13-1 Card Reader
Fixes & Enhancements
- Fixed the Green LED illuminated issue when a memory card is removed, especially if the Card Reader is still reading
- Additional Memory Card Formats supported
> SD-HC 8 GB - Secure Digital High Capacity
> Micro-SD - Micro-size Secure Digital (adaptor required)
> MS-Micro - Micro-size Memory Stick (adaptor required)
- Faster Transfer Rate supported:
> MMC4 - MultiMedia Card Plus
> RS-MMC4 - Reduced Size MultiMedia Card
> MMC Micro - Micro-size MultiMedia Card
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with HTML Pop-Up Window for R176603.EXE
1. Click Download File, to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save this program to disk (Windows XP users, click Save) and click OK. The Save In: window appears.
3. From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4. If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file name icon appears on your desktop.
1. Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R176603.EXE. The Self-Extractor window appears.
2. Click OK or Continue. The Self-Extracting Driver Installation window appears and prompts to extract files to "C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R176603".
3. Leave all of the default settings and click Unzip or OK. If the directory doesn't exist, you'll be prompted to create one. Click Yes. A Self Extractor window appears and indicates "C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R176603" files were extracted.
4. Click OK. Follow the on-screen installation instructions in the window.
HTML Pop-Up With Install Now Button
1. The Dell Software Installation Documentation window appears.
2. Click the Install Now button. A File Download window appears.
3. Click Run this program from its current location and click OK. The Security Warning window appears.
4. Click Yes. The Install Shield Wizard window appears.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
BEFORE UPDATING FIRMWARE REMOVE ANY MEMORY CARDS FROM THE CARD READER SLOTS.
DO NOT POWER DOWN COMPUTER UNTIL FIRMWARE UPDATE IS COMPLETE.
1. Click Continue in the Vista - User Account Control popup window. 13-1 Firmware version 4.00 will be updated to 19-1 Firmware version 4.08 After Computer Shutdown, remove the AC plug, and wait for one minute before turning the computer on.
1. Click Cancel if a Vista - Found New DFU Hardware Widow appears. Go to "C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R176603" and repeat the firmware update.
2. The message to Shutdown the computer after the firmware update may timeout and disappear.
3. Without the computer Shutdown, the Card Reader icons will not appear in "Computer" (XP - My Computer).
4. Shutdown the computer and turn the computer back on after one minute.
If the Card Reader icons still do not appear in "Computer"(XP - My Computer), reinstall the driver.
1. Click Start.
2. Right click Computer (XP - My Computer) and select Manage.
3. Click Continue in Vista - User Account Control.
4. Click Device Manager in Computer Management.
5. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
6. Right click one a USB Mass Storage Device (CA-200 if the Icon Manager is installed) and select Uninstall.
7. Click OK to confirm the Uninstall.
8. Wait for a "Your devices are ready to use" message and check for Card Reader icons in "Computer" For XP Restart the computer to reinstall the USB Driver and check for Card Reader icons in My Computer. If the Card Reader icons still do not appear in "Computer" (XP - My Computer), go to "C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R176603" and repeat the firmware update.
This is an optional process and is not required for the downloading and installation of device drivers from this site.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.