|Description:||This file format consists of an archive of files that may be decompressed to a directory on the hard drive. The installation can then be done from that directory.|
Level of Importance:Recommended
2. While the firmware is updating, please don't turn off the computer.
3. Please reboot the computer after the firmware update is completed.
|Systems Inspiron 14 (1440) Inspiron 1440 Inspiron 1464 Inspiron 14R (N4010) Inspiron 15 (1545) Inspiron 15 (1564) Inspiron 15 (M5010) Inspiron 15 Intel (N5010) Inspiron 1545 Inspiron 17 (N7010) Inspiron 1750 Inspiron 1764 Inspiron M501R Inspiron Zino HD Latitude E5400 OptiPlex 980 Vostro 1220 Vostro 1320 Vostro 1420 Vostro 1520 Vostro 1720||Operating Systems MS Windows 7 32-bit MS Windows 7 64-bit MS Windows Vista 32-bit MS Windows Vista 64-bit MS Windows XP MS Windows XP x64|
- DS-4E1S 12.7 Tray BD-Combo
Fixes & Enhancements
- Not Applicable
- Improved the compatibility with Blu-ray 3D playback
- Improved the compatibility of DVD-R DL
Windows based firmware update for PLDS DS-4E1S BD-COMBO:
1. Download and unzip the SE1_ED16.zip into your desktop.
2. In "SE1_ED16" folder, please search for the "Windows" folder.
3. In "Windows" folder, please make sure you have the administrator right, and double click on "ED16WIN.EXE".
4. Click on "Update" button. This may take as long as two minutes. Please wait for the process to complete.
5. You should see "Firmware has been updated successfully!".
6. Windows must restart to complete this operation, please save all data and click on "Now".
DOS based firmware update for PLDS DS-4E1S BD-COMBO:
1. Unzip the SE1_ED16.zip into your bootable USB key.
2. In "Dos" folder, just type "ED16DOS.EXE".
3. Please select "1" (assume this is the only optical drive) and wait for 2 minutes.
4. You should see "Firmware update successfully!".
5. Windows must restart to complete this operation, please "y".
This is an optional process and is not required for the downloading and installation of device drivers from this site.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.