|Description:||This file contains a compressed (or zipped) set of files. Download the file to a folder on your hard drive, and then run (double-click) it to unzip the set of files. Follow the instructions to complete the installation.|
Level of Importance:Recommended
|Systems Inspiron 17R N7110||Operating Systems MS Windows 7 32-bit MS Windows 7 64-bit MS Windows Vista 32-bit MS Windows XP|
- Alps TouchPad
Fixes & Enhancements
- Fixed cursor movement which was not smoothly if a finger touches touchpad during initialization
- Fixed issue where mis-compensation "may" happen after initialization complete if a finger touches touchpad during initialization
- Removed the function that driver sends force-compensation command while initializing touchpad, to avoid mis-compensation problem happening if a finger touches the touchpad during compensation
- Enhanced WHQL
- Changed a device paramater to support new hardware (~v203)
- Modified the filter type to improve cursor movement and multi-touch usability
- Added the function that driver sends force-compensation command when opening lid if some data outputs from touchpad device, to avoid mis-compensation happening if there is anything inside the lid causes the touchpad mis-compensated when lid is closed
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with Setup.exe File for R307442.exe
1. Click Download File, to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP
users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In:
3. From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to
select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to youdesktop.
4. If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file
icon appears on youdesktop.
1. Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R307442.exe.
2. The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or
unzip to "C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R307442". Write down this path so the executable (I.e.Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3. The Self-Extractor window appears.
4. Click OK.
5. After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractorwindow is still open, close it.
6. Click the Start button and then click Run.
7. Type "C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R307442" in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8. Follow the on-screen installation instructions.
This is an optional process and is not required for the downloading and installation of device drivers from this site.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.