|Description:||This file format consists of an archive of files that may be decompressed to a directory on the hard drive. The installation can then be done from that directory.|
Level of Importance:Recommended
2. While the firmware is updating, please don't turn off the computer.
3. Please reboot the computer after the firmware update is completed.
|Systems Alienware Area-51 Alienware Area-51 ALX Alienware Aurora Alienware Aurora - R2 Alienware Aurora ALX Alienware Aurora R3 Inspiron 518 Inspiron 519 Inspiron 560 Inspiron 560s Inspiron 570 Inspiron 580 Inspiron 580s OptiPlex 580 OptiPlex 980 Precision T1500 Precision T3400 Precision T3500 Precision T5400 Precision T5500 Precision T7400 Precision T7500 Studio XPS 435 MT Studio XPS 435t / 9000 Studio XPS 7100 Studio XPS 8000 Studio XPS 8100 Studio XPS 9100 Vostro 230 Vostro 230s Vostro 430 Vostro 460 XPS 8300||Operating Systems MS Windows 7 32-bit MS Windows 7 64-bit MS Windows Vista 32-bit MS Windows Vista 64-bit MS Windows XP MS Windows XP x64|
- DH-12E3SH 12X HH SATA Trayload DVDRW/BD-ROM
Fixes & Enhancements
- Not Applicable
- Improved the compatibility of Blue-ray media
Windows based firmware update for PLDS DH-12E3SH BD-COMBO:
1. Download and unzip the HE3_MD11.zip into your desktop.
2. In "HE3_MD11" folder, please search for the "Windows" folder.
3. In "Windows" folder, please make sure you have the administrator right, and double click on "MD11_WIN.EXE".
4. Click on "Update" button. This may take as long as two minutes. Please wait for the process to complete.
5. You should see "Firmware has been updated successfully!".
6. Windows must restart to complete this operation, please save all data and click on "Now".
DOS based firmware update for PLDS DH-12E3SH BD-COMBO:
1. Unzip the HE3_MD11.zip into your bootable USB key.
2. In "Dos" folder, just type "MD11_DOS.EXE".
3. Please select "1" (assume this is the only optical drive) and wait for 2 minutes.
4. You should see "Firmware update successfully!".
5. Windows must restart to complete this operation, please "y".
This is an optional process and is not required for the downloading and installation of device drivers from this site.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.