|Description:||This file contains a compressed (or zipped) set of files. Download the file to a folder on your hard drive, then double-click it to unzip the set of files. Follow the instructions to complete the installation.|
|Description:||This file contains a compressed (or zipped) set of files. Download the file to a folder on your hard drive, and then run (double-click) it to unzip the set of files. Follow the instructions to complete the installation.|
Level of Importance:Urgent
1. Please Make Sure A/C Power Is Being Used While Updating Your Hard Drive
2. The Firmware Updater File Will Run Only From A Dos Bootable Device (Floppy Drive, Cd, Usb Key, Etc,)
For Bootable Diskette:
* PLEASE PRINT THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS *
1. Click on the (BR107305.EXE) file and select "RUN" then "RUN" again.
2. Choose "Continue" in the next window to create a bootable floppy.
3. Close all applications, and re-boot from the floppy image just created.
4. The WD Scorpio FW Utility will start automatically.
5. Highlight the "WDC WDx00VE-75DHT0" using the arrow keys.
6. The listing will show "Update Applicable" under status.
7. Press "Enter" to continue.
8. Press "Y" to accept the license agreement.
9. Follow the instructions listed and press "Enter" to continue.
10. The application will report "Update Completed"
11. Follow the remaining instructions and press "Enter" to exit the utility.
12. Remove the floppy diskette and restart your system.
Alternative Flash process (no floppy available)
(PLEASE MAKE SURE A/C POWER IS BEING USED WHILE UPDATING YOUR HARD DRIVE)
1. The files contained in (R107305.EXE) should be extracted to bootable media. (ie. Floppy, CD, Zip drive, USB Flash Memory). The default extraction directory is C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R107305\.
2. Once the files are extracted, copy the contents of the C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R107305\directory to bootable source (CD-bootable, USB bootable Key). Boot to that source.
3. Run "wddel023" file from the Dos environment.
4. Highlight the "WDC WDx00VE-75DHT0" using the arrow keys.
5. The listing will show "Update Applicable" under status.
6. Press "Enter" to continue.
7. Press "Y" to accept the license agreeement.
8. Follow the instructions listed and press "Enter" to continue.
9. The application will report "Update Completed"
10. Follow the remaining instructions and press "Enter" to exit the utility.
11. Remove the media and restart your system.
|Systems Inspiron 1200 Inspiron 2200 Inspiron 500m Inspiron 510m Inspiron 6000 Inspiron 600m Inspiron 700M Inspiron 9300 Inspiron XPS Gen 2 Latitude 110L Latitude D400 Latitude D410 Latitude D505 Latitude D510 Latitude D600 Latitude D610 Latitude D800 Latitude D810 Precision M20 Precision M70||Operating Systems MS Windows 2000 MS Windows XP|
- Scorpio 40GB 5400rpm Mobile HDD
- Scorpio 60GB 5400rpm Mobile HDD
- Scorpio 80GB 5400rpm Mobile HDD
Fixes & Enhancements
Floppy Disk Boot to Disk for BR107305.exe
1. Click Download File, to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In: window appears.
3. From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4. If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file icon appears on your desktop.
Hard Drive Floppy Disk Creation
1. Get 1 blank, formatted floppy disks.
2. Double-click the new icon (it looks like a floppy diskette)on the desktop. The Self-Extractor window appears.
3. Click Setup. An black MS-DOS window appears with a message indicating that you need 1 floppy diskettes.
4. Press the [ENTER] key. A message appears prompting you to insert a blank floppy diskette.
5. Insert a floppy disk into the floppy disk drive.
6. Press the [ENTER] key. A message appears indicating that all data on the disk will be erased.
7. Press the [y] key and then press the [ENTER] key.
The files are copied to the floppy diskette. If the procedure requires more than one diskette, repeat steps 5 – 7 until you reach the end of the diskette set.
8. After all the files have been copied to the last floppy disk,press the [ENTER] key and the MS-DOS window closes.
1. Insert the first (or the only) disk of the set into the Floppy drive.
2. Click Start, click Shutdown, click Restart, and then click OK. Windows XP Users need only click restart.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with HTML Pop-Up Window for R107305.EXE
1.Click Download File, to download the file.
2.When the File Download window appears, click Save this program to disk (Windows XP users, click Save) and click OK. The Save In: window
3.From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4.If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file name icon appears on your desktop.
1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R107305.EXE.
The Self-Extractor window appears.
2.Click OK or Continue. The Self-Extracting Driver Installation window appears and prompts to extract files to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R107305.
3.Leave all of the default settings and click Unzip or OK. If the directory doesn't exist, you'll be prompted to create one. Click Yes. A Self Extractor window appears and indicates C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R107305 files were extracted.
4.Click OK. Follow the on-screen installation instructions in the window.
HTML Pop-Up With Install Now Button
1.The Dell Software Installation Documentation window appears.
2.Click the Install Now button. A File Download window appears.
3.Click Run this program from its current location and click OK. The Security Warning window appears.
4.Click Yes. The Install Shield Wizard window appears.
5.Follow the on-screen instructions.
This is an optional process and is not required for the downloading and installation of device drivers from this site.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.