|Description:||This file format consists of an archive of files that may be decompressed to a directory on the hard drive. The installation can then be done from that directory.|
Level of Importance:Urgent
|Systems Dimension 9200c Inspiron 1300 Inspiron 1501 Inspiron 6400 Inspiron 640M Inspiron 9400 Inspiron B120 Inspiron B130 Inspiron E1405 Inspiron E1505 Inspiron E1705 Latitude 120L Latitude 131L Latitude D420 Latitude D520 Latitude D620 Latitude D620 ATG Latitude D820 OptiPlex 740 OptiPlex 745 Precision M65 Precision M90 XPS 210 XPS M1210 XPS M1710||Operating Systems MS Windows XP|
- SDVD-8820 Slim 8X DVD+/-RW
Fixes & Enhancements
- Fixed the issue with Vista and internal test routine
- Not Applicable
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with Setup.exe File
1.Click Download File, to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save or Save this program to disk and click OK. The Save In: window appears.
3. From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4. If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file icon appears on your desktop.
1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop
2.The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to "C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R149964".(Where 'R149964' is the name of the file to be downloaded). Write down this path so the executable (I.e.Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3. The Self-Extractor window appears.
4. Click OK.
5. After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it.
6. Click Start button and then click Run.
7. Type "C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R149964" (where 'R149964' is the name of the file) in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8. Follow the on-screen installation instructions.
This is an optional process and is not required for the downloading and installation of device drivers from this site.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.