|Description:||This file format consists of an archive of files that may be decompressed to a directory on the hard drive. The installation can then be done from that directory.|
Level of Importance:Urgent
2. [Warning] Device must be plugged in at all times during the firmware update process or else device may be permanently damaged and rendered inoperable.
3. It is recommended that you back up the data on your disk drive prior to firmware update as a precaution in case of inadvertent power loss or system restart.
|Systems Alienware Area-51 Alienware Area-51 ALX Alienware Aurora Alienware Aurora - R2 Alienware Aurora ALX Alienware Aurora R3 Dimension 2010 Inspiron 535 Inspiron 535s Inspiron 537 Inspiron 537s Inspiron 545 Inspiron 545s Inspiron 546 Inspiron 546s Inspiron 560 Inspiron 560s Inspiron 570 Inspiron 580 Inspiron 580s Inspiron Mini 1018 Inspiron One 19 Inspiron One 19 Touch Inspiron One 2205 Inspiron One 2305 Inspiron One 2310 Intel Inspiron Zino Inspiron Zino HD Inspiron Zino HD 410 OptiPlex 360 OptiPlex 380 OptiPlex 390 OptiPlex 580 OptiPlex 740 OptiPlex 755 OptiPlex 760 OptiPlex 780 OptiPlex 790 OptiPlex 960 OptiPlex 980 OptiPlex 990 OptiPlex XE Precision R5400 Precision T1500 Precision T1600 Precision T3400 Precision T3500 Precision T5500 Precision T7500 Studio Desktop Studio One 19 Studio Slim Studio XPS 435 MT Studio XPS 435t / 9000 Studio XPS 7100 Studio XPS 8000 Studio XPS 8100 Studio XPS 9100 Vostro 220 Vostro 220s Vostro 230 Vostro 230s Vostro 320 Vostro 330 Vostro 420 Vostro 430 Vostro 460 XPS 625 XPS 630 XPS 630 XP XPS 730 XPS 730 H2C XPS 730x XPS 730X H2C XPS 8300||Operating Systems MS Windows 7 32-bit MS Windows 7 64-bit MS Windows Vista 32-bit MS Windows XP MS Windows Vista 64-bit MS Windows XP x64|
- F3 1TB 7200 3.5" SATA2 HDD
- F3 250GB 7200 3.5" SATA2 HDD
- F3 500GB 7200 3.5" SATA2 HDD
- F3 750GB 7200 3.5" SATA2 HDD
Fixes & Enhancements
- Fixed an issue that cause intermittent boot problems
- Not Applicable
Custom Instructions for F3_Patch.zip:
This firmware download utility runs in DOS.
1. Unzip the file F3_Patch.zip to your bootable USB key.
2. Run the F3_Patch.exe file form your bootable key.
3. You will notice that the current FW is 1AJ10001, after flash it will become 1AJ10002 (but this can only be done after reboot and re-run step 2).
4. Reboot the system after flashed.
5. Please take note the PC will halted sometimes as the BIOS is trying to detect the HDD, force reboot again if you see this situation.
6. Once reboot successful, you will be able to go into Windows, Windows will detect your new HDD again.
7. Last reboot from the Windows after detection completed, restart and FW is now 002 version.
This is an optional process and is not required for the downloading and installation of device drivers from this site.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.