|Description:||This file contains a compressed (or zipped) set of files. Download the file to a folder on your hard drive, and then run (double-click) it to unzip the set of files. Follow the instructions to complete the installation.|
Level of Importance:Recommended
|Systems Inspiron Zino Inspiron Zino HD 410 Latitude E5400 Latitude E5410 Latitude E5500 Latitude E5510 OptiPlex 380 OptiPlex 580 OptiPlex 740 OptiPlex 780 OptiPlex 960 OptiPlex 980 OptiPlex 990 OptiPlex XE Precision R5400||Operating Systems MS Windows 7 32-bit MS Windows 7 64-bit MS Windows Vista 32-bit MS Windows Vista 64-bit MS Windows XP MS Windows XP x64|
- TS-L333D 12.7 Tray SATA 8X DVD
Fixes & Enhancements
- Changed sense code to support zero power ODD
- Not Applicable
Installation Instructions for the Universal (Windows/ DOS) format Download file to Desktop
1.Use one of the methods below to flash the Bios.
2.Run the BIOS update utility from Windows environment.
3.Run the BIOS update utility from DOS environment (Non-Windows users)
Download file to Desktop The file O755-A19.exe is using the Universal (Windows/ DOS) format and is designed to be directly executed from Windows environment.
1. Click Download File to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.
3. Select Desktop using the drop-down menu to the right of Save in.
4. Click the Save button. A progress meter moves as the download is completed.
5. If necessary, click X in the upper right-hand corner of the Download Progress Window to close it upon completion.
NOTE: Shut down all other applications prior to running the BIOS update utility. The update utility reboots your system in order to get the new BIOS loaded.
Run the BIOS update utility from Windows environment
1. Double click the Icon on your desktop labeled O755-A19.exe.The Dell BIOS Flash window appears.
2. Click the Continue button. The message Pressing OK will close all applications, shut down Windows, Flash the BIOS, then reboot. appears.
3. Click the OK button. The system will restart and the BIOS Flash will be completed.
Run the BIOS update utility from DOS environment (Non-Windows users)
NOTE: You will need to provide a bootable DOS diskette. This executable file does not create the DOS system files.
1. Copy the file O755-A19.exe to a bootable floppy.
2. Boot from the floppy to the DOS prompt.
3. Run the file by typing Y:\O755-A19.exe (where y is the drive letter where the executable is located).
This is an optional process and is not required for the downloading and installation of device drivers from this site.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.