|Description:||This file contains a compressed (or zipped) set of files. Download the file to a folder on your hard drive, and then run (double-click) it to unzip the set of files. Follow the instructions to complete the installation.|
|File Format:||Update Package for Microsoft® Windows®||
|Description:||Dell Update Packages in Microsoft Windows 32-bit format can be deployed on Microsoft 64-bit operating systems by implementing the WOW64 emulation applications. WOW64 is a standard feature on most Microsoft operating systems. For more information, click here.|
Level of Importance:Recommended
1) For Installation of Dell Data Protection | Access solution, you must perform the following in the exact order:(follow all reboots / restarts recommended by the installation utility)
1. Uninstall any prior versions of Dell Data Protection | Access or Dell ControlPoint Security Manager software and drivers (if installed on the computer). Back up any security credentials prior to uninstalling.
2. Install the Dell Data Protection | Access PreRequisite package (not required for Windows 7 operating systems)
3. Install the Dell Data Protection | Access Driver package
4. Install the Dell Data Protection | Access Middleware package
5. Reboot system
6. Install the Dell Data Protection | Application package
7. Reboot system
2) Note: No desktop or task tray icons will be placed onto the system by default.
3) For detailed installation instructions, please read the Dell DataProtection Access Users Guide from support.dell.com > Manuals > Software > Dell Utility > Dell Data Protection.
|Systems Latitude E5420 Latitude E5420M Latitude E5520 Latitude E5520M||Operating Systems MS Windows XP|
- Data Protection | Access -- Driver Package
Fixes & Enhancements
- Not Applicable.
- Updated Atmel XP32 TPM driver to version 220.127.116.11 (installer package version 18.104.22.168).
Dell Update Package Instructions for APP_WIN_R311182.EXE:
1. Click the Download File to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click "Save" to save the file to your hard drive.
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file.
2. Read over the release information presented in the dialog window.
3. Download and install any prerequisites identified in the dialog window before proceeding.
4. Click the Install button.
5. Follow the remaining prompts to perform the update.
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with Setup.exe File for Dell_Data-Protection---Acces_A04_R311182.exe
1. Click Download File to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In: window appears.
3. From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4. If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file icon appears on your desktop.
1. Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled Dell_Data-Protection---Acces_A04_R311182.exe.
2. The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to "C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R311182". Write down this path so the executable (I.e. Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3. The Self-Extractor window appears.
4. Click OK.
5. After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it.
6. Click the Start button and then click Run.
7. Type "C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R311182" in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8.Follow the on-screen installation instructions.
This is an optional process and is not required for the downloading and installation of device drivers from this site.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.