|Description:||This file contains a compressed (or zipped) set of files. Download the file to a folder on your hard drive, and then run (double-click) it to unzip the set of files. Follow the instructions to complete the installation.|
Level of Importance:Recommended
1. Please make sure A/C power is being used while updating your hard drive.
2. Please do not interupt the firmware update process.
|Systems Latitude E4300 Latitude E5400 Latitude E5500 Latitude E6400 Latitude E6400 ATG Latitude E6400 XFR Latitude E6500 OptiPlex 760 OptiPlex 780 OptiPlex 960 Precision M2400 Precision M4400 Precision M6400 Precision T1500 Vostro 1220 Vostro 1320 Vostro 1420 Vostro 1520 Vostro 1720 Vostro 430||Operating Systems MS Windows 7 32-bit MS Windows 7 64-bit MS Windows Vista 32-bit MS Windows Vista 64-bit MS Windows XP MS Windows XP x64|
- ST9160418ASG 160GB 2.5 7200 S2 HDD
Fixes & Enhancements
- Fixed clicking noise
- Not applicable
Custom Instructions for R250673.EXE: PLEASE PRINT THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS/For Bootable CD option (PLEASE MAKE SURE A/C POWER IS BEING USED WHILE UPDATING YOUR HARD DRIVE)
1. Click on the (R250673.EXE) file and select "RUN" then "RUN" again.
2. Press "Continue" then "OK" to extract the files to the provided location.
3. If you have CD imaging software that supports the .ISO image format the file "C:\DELL\Drivers\R250673\Seagate Utility.ISO" is an image for a bootable CD that will automatically run the application.
4. Boot to the CD.
5. The Seagate utility will start automatically.
6. The utility will autoscan and update the appropiate Seagate ST9160418ASG & ST9250464ASG.
7. Once completed, a message detailing drive model, serial number and updated 4SDM1 or 5SDM1 firmware will appear.
8. Remove the CD and power off your PC.
9. Power on your PC to continue normal operation. For Other Bootable option (IE. USB key, etc.) (PLEASE MAKE SURE A/C POWER IS BEING USED WHILE UPDATING YOUR HARD DRIVE)
- Click on the (R250673.EXE) file and select "RUN" then "RUN" again.
- Press "Continue" then "OK" to extract the files to the provided location.
- The files are located in "C:\DELL\Drivers\R250673\Files" directory.
- Add the files to your bootable media and run the "FLASH.bat".
- The Seagate utility will start automatically.
- The utility will autoscan and update the appropiate Seagate ST9160418ASG & ST9250464ASG.
- Once completed, a message detailing drive model, serial number and updated 4SDM1 or 5SDM1 firmware will appear.
- Remove the Bootable Media and power off your system.
This is an optional process and is not required for the downloading and installation of device drivers from this site.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.