|Description:||This file format consists of an archive of files that may be decompressed to a directory on the hard drive. The installation can then be done from that directory.|
Level of Importance:Recommended
2. While the firmware is updating, please don't turn off the computer.
3. Please reboot the computer after the firmware update is completed.
|Systems Inspiron 14 AMD M4010 Inspiron 14 Intel (N4020) Inspiron 14 N4030 Inspiron 14R (N4010) Inspiron 14R (N4110) Inspiron 15 (1545) Inspiron 15 (1564) Inspiron 15 (M5010) Inspiron 15 (M5030) Inspiron 15 (N5030) Inspiron 15 AMD (1546) Inspiron 15 Intel (N5010) Inspiron 1545 Inspiron 1546 Inspiron 15R N5110 Inspiron 17 (N7010) Inspiron 1750 Inspiron 1764 Inspiron 17R N7110 Inspiron M501R Inspiron N3110 Inspiron One 19 Inspiron One 19 Touch Inspiron One 2205 Inspiron One 2305 Inspiron One 2310 Intel Inspiron Zino Inspiron Zino HD Inspiron Zino HD 410 Latitude E5410 Latitude E5420 Latitude E5420M Latitude E5510 Latitude E5520 Latitude E5520M OptiPlex 380 OptiPlex 580 OptiPlex 780 OptiPlex 790 OptiPlex 960 OptiPlex 980 OptiPlex 990 OptiPlex XE Vostro 1014 Vostro 1015 Vostro 1088 Vostro 1220 Vostro 320 Vostro 330 Vostro 3400 Vostro 3450 Vostro 3500 Vostro 3550 Vostro 3700 Vostro 3750 XPS 15 (L502X) XPS 15 (L501X) XPS 17 (L701x) XPS 17 (L702X)||Operating Systems MS Windows 7 32-bit MS Windows 7 64-bit MS Windows Vista 32-bit MS Windows Vista 64-bit MS Windows XP MS Windows XP x64|
- DS-8A5SH 12.7 SATA Trayload DVDRW
Fixes & Enhancements
- Not Applicable
- Improved the detection of the optical drive
- Improved the compatibility of DVD-R DL
Windows based firmware update for PLDS DS-8A5SH DVDRW:
1. Download and unzip the SA5_XD13.zip into your desktop.
2. In "SA5_XD13" folder, please search for the "Windows" folder.
3. In "Windows" folder, please make sure you have the administrator right, and double click on "XD13WIN.EXE".
4. Click on "Update" button. This may take as long as two minutes. Please wait for the process to complete.
5. You should see "Firmware has been updated successfully!".
6. Windows must restart to complete this operation, please save all data and click on "Now".
DOS based firmware update for PLDS DS-8A5SH DVDRW:
1. Unzip the SA5_XD13.zip into your bootable USB key.
2. In "Dos" folder, just type "XD13DOS.EXE".
3. Please select "1" (assume this is the only optical drive) and wait for 2 minutes.
4. You should see "Firmware update successfully!".
5. Windows must restart to complete this operation, please "y".
This is an optional process and is not required for the downloading and installation of device drivers from this site.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.