|Description:||This file contains a compressed (or zipped) set of files. Download the file to a folder on your hard drive, and then run (double-click) it to unzip the set of files. Follow the instructions to complete the installation.|
Level of Importance:Recommended
1. Please make sure A/C power is being used while updating your hard drive.
2. Please do not interupt the firmware update process.
|Systems Inspiron 518 Inspiron 519 Inspiron 530 Inspiron 530s Inspiron 531 Inspiron 531s Inspiron 535 Inspiron 535s Inspiron 545 Inspiron 545s Inspiron 546 Inspiron 546s Inspiron One 19 Inspiron One 19 Touch Inspiron Zino Inspiron Zino HD OptiPlex 320 OptiPlex 330 OptiPlex 360 OptiPlex 380 OptiPlex 580 OptiPlex 740 OptiPlex 745 OptiPlex 755 OptiPlex 760 OptiPlex 780 OptiPlex 960 OptiPlex 980 OptiPlex XE Precision 390 Precision 490 Desktop Precision 690 Precision T1500 Precision T3400 Precision T3500 Precision T5400 Precision T5500 Precision T7400 Precision T7500 Vostro 200 Vostro 220 Vostro 220s Vostro 230 Vostro 230s Vostro 400 Vostro 410 Vostro 420 Vostro 430 Vostro A180||Operating Systems MS Windows 7 32-bit MS Windows 7 64-bit MS Windows Vista 32-bit MS Windows Vista 64-bit MS Windows XP|
Fixes & Enhancements
- Not applicable
- Enhanced the user data lifeguard and reserved area robustness
Custom Instructions for R269603.exe: Information PLEASE PRINT THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS/For Bootable CD option (PLEASE MAKE SURE A/C POWER IS BEING USED WHILE UPDATING YOUR HARD DRIVE)
1. Click on the (R269603.EXE) file and select "RUN".
2. Press "Continue" then "OK" to extract the files to the provided location.
3. If you have CD imaging software that supports the .ISO image format the file "C:\DELL\Drivers\R269603\WDC_Utility.ISO" is an image for a bootable CD that will automatically run the application.
4. Boot to the CD.
5. The Western Digital utility will start automatically.
6. The utility will autoscan and update the appropiate Western Digital WD800AAJS-75M0A0, WD1600AAJS-75M0A0.
7. A message will tell the update complete once it completes.
8. Remove the CD and power off your PC.
9. Power on your PC to continue normal operation. For Other Bootable option (IE. USB key, etc.) (PLEASE MAKE SURE A/C POWER IS BEING USED WHILE UPDATINGYOUR HARD DRIVE)
- Click on the (R269603.EXE) file and select "RUN".
- Press "Continue" then "OK" to extract the files to the provided location.
- The files are located in "C:\DELL\Drivers\R269603\Files" directory.
- Add the files to your bootable media and run the "FLASH.bat".
- The Western Digital utility will start automatically.
- The utility will autoscan and update the appropiate Western Digital WD800AAJS-75M0A0, WD1600AAJS-75M0A0.
- A message will tell the update complete once it completes.
- Remove the Bootable Media and power off your system.
- Power on your PC to continue normal operation.
This is an optional process and is not required for the downloading and installation of device drivers from this site.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.