|Description:||This file format consists of an archive of files that may be decompressed to a directory on the hard drive. The installation can then be done from that directory.|
Level of Importance:Recommended
2. While the firmware is updating, please don't turn off the computer.
|Systems Alienware Area-51 Alienware Area-51 ALX Alienware Aurora Alienware Aurora - R2 Alienware Aurora ALX Alienware Aurora R3 Alienware M11x Alienware M11x R2 Alienware M11x R3 Alienware M14x Alienware M15x Alienware M17X R2 Alienware M17X R3 Alienware M18x OptiPlex 780 OptiPlex 790 OptiPlex 960 OptiPlex 980 OptiPlex 990||Operating Systems MS Windows 7 32-bit MS Windows 7 64-bit MS Windows Vista 32-bit MS Windows Vista 64-bit MS Windows XP MS Windows XP x64|
- ST95005620AS (500G, 2.5", 9.5mm, SATA, 3Gb/s, 7200, 512n, SSH)
Fixes & Enhancements
- Not Applicable
- Enhanced the hard drive performance
Windows based firmware update for ST95005620AS:
1. Download and unzip "MX35DEM4.zip" into your desktop.
2. In "MX35DEM4" folder, please search for the "Windows" folder.
3. Double click "MX000050.EXE" and it will begin to run. On the first screen you will select your language, and then select "OK". The next screen is a warning screen, please read and select "Next" if you agree. The next screen is the License Agreement screen. If you agree, click "I agree" and then click "Next".
4. You will then come to the screen that asks you to close and save all applications and to back up your data. When you are ready to start the firmware update, please check the "Begin firmware update procedure", and then click "Proceed".
5. The system will reboot and load the firmware. Once the firmware update is complete the system will boot up into Windows normally.
DOS based firmware update for ST95005620AS:
1. Unzip "MX35DEM4.zip" into your bootable USB key. Boot up the computer with USB key.
2. In "Dos" folder, just type "DEM4.BAT" at the DOS prompt and press the enter key.
3. Your system will now start updating the HDD firmware. Once the firmware update is completed, your system will display a "DRIVE PASSED" message.
4. Remove your USB key, and turn off your system using the computers power button. Once the computer has been powered down, you can now turn the computer on normally.
This is an optional process and is not required for the downloading and installation of device drivers from this site.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.