|Description:||This file contains a compressed (or zipped) set of files. Download the file to a folder on your hard drive, and then run (double-click) it to unzip the set of files. Follow the instructions to complete the installation.|
|File Format:||Update Package for Microsoft® Windows®||
|Description:||Dell Update Packages in Microsoft Windows 32-bit format can be deployed on Microsoft 64-bit operating systems by implementing the WOW64 emulation applications. WOW64 is a standard feature on most Microsoft operating systems. For more information, click here.|
Level of Importance:Recommended
|Systems OptiPlex 380 OptiPlex 760 OptiPlex 780 OptiPlex 960 OptiPlex XE||Operating Systems MS Windows XP|
- Q43/Q45/G43/G45 (Eaglelake) Graphics Controller
Fixes & Enhancements
- Fixed intermittent issue where optimal resolution balloon notification erroneously appears
- Fixed issue related to Display Port monitor attached to remote system and remote reboot loses display
- Enhanced support for Display Persistence
- Enhanced display behaviour on all outputs for warm/cold boot
- Enhanced display behaviour on all outputs for monitor timeout/resume
- Enhanced display behaviour on all outputs for system Standby/resume
Dell Update Package Instructions for VIDEO_DRVR_WIN_R296582.EXE:
1. Click Download File to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file.
2. Read over the release information presented in the dialog window.
3. Download and install any prerequisites identified in the dialog window before proceeding.
4. Click the Install button.
5. Follow the remaining prompts to perform the update.
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with Setup.exe File for Intel_multi-device_A06_R296582.exe
1.Click Download File to download the file.
2.When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In: window appears.
3.From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4.If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file icon appears on your desktop.
1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labelled Intel_multi-device_A06_R296582.exe.
2.The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to "C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R296582". Write down this path so the executable (I.e. Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3.The Self-Extractor window appears.
5.After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it.
6.Click the Start button and then click Run.
7.Type "C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R296582" in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8.Follow the on-screen installation instructions.
This is an optional process and is not required for the downloading and installation of device drivers from this site.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.