|Description:||This format consists of an archive of text files used to provide help and procedural information to the customer.|
Level of Importance:Recommended
2. The Help content is comprised of the compiled Help file (DellBURMHelp.chm) and the readme file (dbrm.htm) along with its associated icons and support files.
3. The readme file contains additional information about the program.
4. The latest information is found in the User’s Guide V1.0 available for download from http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/SOFTWARE/DBRM/.
|Systems Latitude 2100 Latitude E4200 Latitude E4300 Latitude E5400 Latitude E5500 Latitude E6400 Latitude E6400 ATG Latitude E6400 XFR Latitude E6500 Latitude XT2 OptiPlex 160 OptiPlex 360 OptiPlex 740 OptiPlex 760 OptiPlex 960 Precision M2400 Precision M4400 Precision M6400 Precision T3400 Precision T3500 Precision T5500 Precision T7500 Vostro 1220 Vostro 1320 Vostro 1420 Vostro 1520 Vostro 1720 Vostro 220 Vostro 220s Vostro 420 Vostro A180 Vostro A840 Vostro A860 Vostro A90||Operating Systems MS Windows Vista 32-bit MS Windows XP|
- Backup and Recovery Help Files
Fixes & Enhancements
- Fixed missing Readme file
- Not Applicable
Custom Instructions for Dbrm10Help_English.exe: Dell Backup and Recovery Manager (DBRM) V1.0 - Help Content Installation
1. Click Download File to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save to save this program to your disk.The Save As window appears.
3.Click Desktop, located along the left side of the window, and then click Save. The file will now download to your desktop.
4. If the Download Complete window appears, click Close.
5. The file icon now appears on your desktop.
1. Double-click the new icon on the desktop labelled Dbrm10Help_xxxx.exe. This will launch the WinZip Self-Extractor program.
NOTE: In Windows Vista, an Open File - Security Warning message box may appear stating that the publisher is unknown. Please ignore the message and click Run.
2. The WinZip Self-Extractor window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip the Help Content to C:\DELL\Help. If this location is acceptable, click Unzip. Dell recommends that you extract the content to the DBRM Program Files folder. Click Browse… and browse to Computer >OS (C:) > Program Files >Dell >DBRM. (In Windows XP, OS (C:) may be called Local Disk (C:).) This will create the Help folder under the DBRM folder.
3. The WinZip Self-Extractor window appears and informs you that the files have been successfully unzipped, click OK and then click Close in the main window.
This is an optional process and is not required for the downloading and installation of device drivers from this site.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.