|Description:||This file contains a compressed (or zipped) set of files. Download the file to a folder on your hard drive, and then run (double-click) it to unzip the set of files. Follow the instructions to complete the installation.|
Level of Importance:Recommended
2. [Warning] Device must be plugged in at all times during the firmware update process or else device may be permanently damaged and rendered inoperable.
3. It is recommended that you back up the data on your disk drive prior to firmware update as a precaution in case of inadvertent power loss or system restart.
|Systems Alienware Area-51 Alienware Area-51 ALX Alienware Aurora Alienware Aurora - R2 Alienware Aurora ALX Alienware Aurora R3 Inspiron 560 Inspiron 560s Inspiron 570 Inspiron 580 Inspiron 580s Inspiron 620 Inspiron 620s Inspiron One 2205 Inspiron One 2305 Inspiron One 2310 Intel Inspiron One 2320 Inspiron Zino HD 410 OptiPlex 380 OptiPlex 390 OptiPlex 580 OptiPlex 780 OptiPlex 790 OptiPlex 960 OptiPlex 980 OptiPlex 990 OptiPlex XE Precision R5400 Precision T1500 Precision T1600 Precision T3500 Precision T5500 Precision T7500 Studio XPS 7100 Studio XPS 8100 Studio XPS 9100 Vostro 230 Vostro 230s Vostro 260 Vostro 260g Vostro 260s Vostro 320 Vostro 330 Vostro 430 Vostro 460 XPS 8300||Operating Systems Red Hat Linux 9.0 Ubuntu Desktop 7.04 MS Windows 7 32-bit MS Windows 7 64-bit MS Windows Vista 32-bit MS Windows Vista 64-bit MS Windows XP MS Windows XP Embedded MS Windows XP x64|
- WD3200AALX 320GB 3.5 7200 RPM SATA3.0
- WD10EALX 1T 3.5 7200 RPM SATA3.0
- WD5000AALX 500GB 3.5 7200 RPM SATA3.0
- WD2500AALX 250GB 3.5 7200 RPM SATA3.0
Fixes & Enhancements
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) of DOS Utility for R313263.exe
1.Click the location, e.g. Americas, from which you want to download the file.
2.When the File Download window appears, click Save this program to disk and click OK. The Save In window appears.
3.From the Save In drop-down menu, click to select Desktop and then click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4.If a Download Complete window appears, click Close. A new icon appears on your desktop.
1. Double-click the new icon on the desktop labelled R313263.exe.
2. The Self-Extractor window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R313263.If you did not print these instructions, write down this path. The WinZip Self-Extractor window appears.
3. Click OK.
4. If the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it.
5. Create a DOS boot disk. For more information, refer to Dell Knowledge Base Article TT1014475 – "What can I use for a boot disk with CD-ROM support?"
6. Insert the floppy disk into the floppy drive and reboot the computer.
7. At the A:/> prompt, type C: and then press the [ENTER] key.
8. Type C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R313263 and then press [ENTER].
9. Follow the on-screen instructions.
1. Extract .zip file to a known path.
2. Copy "WD.bat" and "WD4082.exe" to root directory of a bootable USB key.
3. Boot from USB key and ensure drive path includes WD.bat and WD4082.exe.
4. Type "WD" and hit "Enter".
5. Firmware update will provide messaging indicating successful update.
Note: Update checks current firmware version and will not run on identical version.
This is an optional process and is not required for the downloading and installation of device drivers from this site.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.