|Description:||This file format consists of an archive of files that may be decompressed to a directory on the hard drive. The installation can then be done from that directory.|
Level of Importance:Recommended
2. While the firmware is updating, please don't turn off the computer.
3. Please reboot the computer after the firmware update is completed.
|Systems Inspiron 518 Inspiron 519 Inspiron 530 Inspiron 530s Inspiron 531 Inspiron 531s Inspiron 535 Inspiron 535s Inspiron 537 Inspiron 537s Inspiron 545 Inspiron 545s Inspiron 546 Inspiron 546s OptiPlex 330 OptiPlex 360 OptiPlex 740 OptiPlex 755 OptiPlex 760 OptiPlex 960 Precision T3400 Precision T3500 Precision T5400 Precision T5500 Precision T7400 Precision T7500 Studio Desktop Studio Slim Studio XPS 435 MT Studio XPS 435t / 9000 Vostro 200 Vostro 220 Vostro 220s Vostro 400 Vostro 410 Vostro 420 Vostro A180 XPS 420 XPS 430 XPS 625 XPS 630 XPS 630 XP XPS 700 Jet Black XPS 710 XPS 710 H2C XPS 720 Black XPS 720 H2C XPS 730 XPS 730 H2C XPS 730x XPS 730X H2C||Operating Systems MS Windows Vista 32-bit MS Windows Vista 64-bit MS Windows XP MS Windows XP x64|
- DH-16D3S 16X DVD SATA HH
Fixes & Enhancements
- Not applicable
- Improved the tray interaction
- Improved media compability
Windows based firmware flash update for PLDS DH-16D3S DVD-ROM:
1. Download and unzip the HD3_SD12.zip into your desktop.
2. In "HD3_SD12" folder, please search for the "Windows" folder.
3. In "Windows" folder, please make sure you have the administrator right, and double click on "SD12WIN.EXE".
4. Click on"Update" button. This may take as long as two minutes. Please wait for the process to complete.
5. You should see "Firmware has been updated successfully".
6. Windows must restart to complete this operation, please save all data and click on "Now".
DOS based firmware flash update for PLDS DH-16D3S DVD-ROM:
1. Unzip the HD3_SD12.zip into your bootable USB key.
2. In "Dos" folder, just type "SD12DOS.EXE".
3. Please select "1" (assume this is the only optical drive) and wait for 2 minutes.
4. You should see "Firmware update successfully".
5. Windows must restart to complete this operation, please "y".
This is an optional process and is not required for the downloading and installation of device drivers from this site.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.