|Description:||This file format consists of an archive of files that may be decompressed to a directory on the hard drive. The installation can then be done from that directory.|
Level of Importance:Recommended
2. While the firmware is updating, please don't turn off the computer.
3. Please reboot the computer after the firmware update is completed.
|Systems Dimension 9200c Inspiron 1420 Inspiron 1501 Inspiron 1520 Inspiron 1521 Inspiron 1525 Inspiron 1526 Inspiron 1720 Inspiron 1721 Inspiron 6400 Inspiron 640M Inspiron 9400 Inspiron E1405 Inspiron E1505 Inspiron E1705 Latitude 131L Latitude D420 Latitude D430 Latitude D520 Latitude D531 Latitude D620 Latitude D620 ATG Latitude D630 Latitude D630 ATG Latitude D630 XFR Latitude D631 Latitude D820 Latitude D830 Latitude XT OptiPlex 740 OptiPlex 745 OptiPlex 755 Precision M2300 Precision M4300 Precision M6300 Precision M65 Precision M90 Vostro 1000 Vostro 14 Vostro 1400 Vostro 15 Vostro 1500 Vostro 1521 Vostro 1700 Vostro 500 XPS 210 XPS M1210 XPS M1710 XPS M1730||Operating Systems Red Hat Ent Linux 3 Red Hat Ent Linux 4 MS Windows Vista 32-bit MS Windows 2000 MS Windows Vista 64-bit MS Windows XP|
- DS-8W1P Slim 8x DVD+/-RW
Fixes & Enhancements
- Not Applicable
- Improved the burn compatibility using Windows Vista SP1 native application
Windows based firmware flash update for PBDS DS-8W1P SLIM 8X DVD+/-RW:-
1. Download and unzip the DS-8W1P_BD1C.zip into your desktop.
2. In "DS-8W1P_BD1C" folder, please search for the "Windows" folder.
3. In "Windows" folder, please make sure you have the administrator right, and double click on "BD1CWIN.EXE" and click on "Yes" to proceed.
4. Click on "Update" button. This may take as long as two minutes. Please wait for the process to complete.
5. You should see "Firmware has been updated successfully!".
6. Windows must restart to complete this operation, please save all data and click on "Now".
DOS based firmware flash update for PBDS DS-8W1P SLIM 8X DVD+/-RW:-
1. Unzip the DS-8W1P_BD1C.zip into your bootable USB key.
2. In "DOS" folder, just type "BD1CDOS.EXE".
3. Please select "1" (assume this is the only optical drive) and wait for 2 minutes.
4. You should see "Flash Successful!".
NOTE: Ensure before performing firmwareupdate on a Dell notebook that the system is operating on AC power and not Battery only.
This is an optional process and is not required for the downloading and installation of device drivers from this site.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.