|Description:||This file contains a compressed (or zipped) set of files. Download the file to a folder on your hard drive, and then run (double-click) it to unzip the set of files. Follow the instructions to complete the installation.|
|File Format:||Update Package for Microsoft® Windows®||
|Description:||Dell Update Packages in Microsoft Windows 32-bit format can be deployed on Microsoft 64-bit operating systems by implementing the WOW64 emulation applications. WOW64 is a standard feature on most Microsoft operating systems. For more information, click here.|
Level of Importance:Recommended
|Systems Latitude E4310 Latitude E5410 Latitude E5420 Latitude E5420M Latitude E5510 Latitude E5520 Latitude E5520M Latitude E6220 Latitude E6320 Latitude E6410 Latitude E6410 ATG Latitude E6420 Latitude E6420 ATG Latitude E6420 XFR Latitude E6510 Latitude E6520 Latitude XT3 Latitude Z Precision M4500 Precision M4600 Precision M6600||Operating Systems MS Windows 7 32-bit MS Windows 7 64-bit MS Windows Vista 32-bit MS Windows Vista 64-bit MS Windows XP MS Windows XP x64|
- Multi-Touch Touchpad
Fixes & Enhancements
- Fixed the issue that the Hotkey function does not work if the ""Display Icon in Task Bar"" option is unchecked
- Fixed the issue that the Pointstick doesn't work when resuming from S3/S4 after only Touchpad is disabled by hotkey
- Fixed the issue that 3-Finger-Flick doesn't function by Viewer of Photo Gallery of Windows Vista
- Fixed the issue that the touchpad driver cannot be installed via Dell Client System Update
- Improved the cursor jump behavior when pan scroll by dragging on the photo viewer
- Added the processing that the Inertial scroll does not work on for the default photo viewer of every Windows OS.
i. Windows 7: Windows Photo Viewer.
ii. Windows Vista: Windows Photo Gallery.
iii. Windows XP: Picture and Fax Viewer
- Added the cursor icon for the Inertial scroll
- Added the processing that stopping the Inertial scroll by touching the touchpad
Dell Update Package Instructions for DRVR_WIN_R311554.EXE:
1. Click the Download File to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click "Save" to save the file to your hard drive.
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file.
2. Read over the release information presented in the dialog window.
3. Download and install any prerequisites identified in the dialog window before proceeding.
4. Click the Install button.
5. Follow the remaining prompts to perform the update.
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with Setup.exe File for DELL_MULTI-TOUCH-TOUCHPAD_A09_R311554.exe
1. Click Download File to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In: window appears.
3. From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4. If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file icon appears on your desktop.
1. Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled DELL_MULTI-TOUCH-TOUCHPAD_A09_R311554.exe.
2. The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to "C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R311554". Write down this path so the executable (I.e. Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3. The Self-Extractor window appears.
4. Click OK.
5. After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it.
6. Click the Start button and then click Run.
7. Type "C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R311554" in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8. Follow the on-screen installation instructions.
This is an optional process and is not required for the downloading and installation of device drivers from this site.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.