Hard Drive Installation (File Extractions Only) Instructions
1.Click Download File, to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save or Save this program to your hard drive.
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file.
2. Follow the remaining prompts to perform the update.
1. Dell Server Deployment Pack 2.1 includes DTK 220.127.116.11 in same package.
2. In iDRAC network settings, if the "Auto config Domain Name" is enabled for a target, then the task sequence "Static DNS Domain Name" used for configuring iDRAC will fail to set the configuration; however, the task sequence will not report any error, and the next task will continue to run.
3. To avoid this issue, before you run the task sequence, in iDRAC network settings, clear "Auto config Domain Name."
4. In the task sequence, it is recommended that you do not move or delete these Custom Action steps - "Restart in WinPE", "SetRebootStep", "Reboot to PXE/USB", Second "Format and Partition" step, "Setup windows and ConfigMgr," and "Reset RebootStep".
5. On a client machine, a task will fail if the Dell Remote Access Controller "Virtual Flash" is set to "enabled".
6. To prevent this failure, ensure that the "Virtual Flash" is set to "disabled" when a task is executed on the client machine.
7. After an operating system is deployed, ensure that the installed mass-storage driver is same as that specified in the Task Sequence.
8. If you find any differences, update the driver manually.
9. In Array Builder, you cannot delete the logical drive under Non-RAID disks.
10. In Configuration Manager 2007, when Dell specific packages, drivers, and boot images are managed using Configuration Manager's "Manage Distribution Point Wizard," the confirmation page displays incomplete summary.
11. In the Task Sequence Editor Window, to modify the path under "Logs/Return Files" page for the Dell custom actions, click "APPLY" and "OK."
12. When DSDP is being uninstalled on Windows Server 2008 operating system, a message displays that a reboot is required to complete the setup. Ignore this message and click "OK" to complete the uninstallation.
13. There is no new version of "ConfigMgr Client Package" for DSDP 2.1.