1. Click the "Download Now" link to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click "Save" to save the file to your hard drive.
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file.
2. Read over the release information presented in the dialog window.
3. Download and install any prerequisites identified in the dialog window before proceeding.
4. Click the Install button.
5. Follow the remaining prompts to perform the update.
1) Click Download now.
The File Download window appears.
2) Click the Save button.
The Save As window appears.
3) Select Desktop using the drop-down menu to the right of Save in.
4) Click the Save button.
A progress meter moves as the download is completed.
5) If necessary, click X in the upper right-hand corner of the Download Progress Window to close it upon completion.
6) Double click the Icon on your desktop for the newly saved file.
The Dell Bios Release Notes window appears.
NOTE: In order to create the Hard drive firmware update media using this package, this file must be downloaded to and executed on a system running Microsoft Windows. This package can be used to create a bootable USB flash drive, CD, or hard drive image.
1. Select the download method you want to use to retrieve the file - either HTTP or FTP.
2. If the Export Compliance Disclaimer window appears, read the agreement and then select either "I agree" or "I disagree".
3. When the File Download window appears, click Save.
4. From the Save As dialog, select a location and a file name then click "Save".
5. If a Download Complete window appears, click Close.
Hard Drive Firmware Media Creation
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click it to extract the diagnostic files and start the distribution application.
2. Verify that you have the correct diagnostic package by reviewing the information on the dialog box that appears then click Continue.
3. Specifythe location to unzip the files.
4. Click on the OK button to extract files. After the files are extracted, a message should appear indicating that all files were successfully unzipped.
5. Click the OK button to start the Hard Drive Firmware Package. Follow the on screen prompts to create the media desired.
CD Media Creation
1. Follow your CD writing software vendor's instructions to create a CD from the downloaded .ISO file.
Note: If CD media is viewed using Windows explorer, only the file Booting.txt will be visible. This CD was created using hard-disk emulation.
Running the Hard Drive Firmware Update Utility
1. Insert the media you created.
2. Boot the computer. (You may have to configure the boot order in BIOS setup to boot the media you created before other devices.)
3. Follow the screen prompts to update your drive firmware.
There will be a readme.txt file for DDDP usage and a text file for drives affected in the location you selected to unzip the files that contains additional and late breaking information. If you need to run the Delivery Package again, you can run the file DDDP.exe from that same location.