This is a self-extracting package of the Windows 2000 and 2003 device driver installation diskette for PERC 4/DC, 4/SC, 3/QC, 3/DC, 3/DCL, 3/SC,CERC ATA100/4CH, PERC 4/Di, PERC 4e/Di, PERC4e/Si and PERC 4e/DC.To build the installation diskette, execute the package, directing its output to an empty, formatted diskette.
Installing the Driver during Operating System Installation
1. Boot the system using the Microsoft Windows Server CD.
2. When the message Press F6 if you need to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver appears, press the key immediately. Within a few minutes, a screen appears that asks for additional controllers in the system.
3. Press the
key. The system prompts for the driver diskette to be inserted.
4. Insert the driver diskette in the floppy drive and press the key. A list of PERC controllers appears.
5. Select the right driver for the installed controller and press the key to load the driver.
NOTE: For Windows 2003, a message appears that states that the driver that you provided is older/newer then the Windows driver. Press the
key to use the driver that is on the floppy diskette.
6. Press the key again to continue the installation process as usual.
Installing a Windows Driver for a New RAID Controller
Perform the following steps to configure the driver when you add the RAID controller to a system that already has Windows installed.
1. Power down the system.
2. Install the new RAID controller in the system. Refer to Hardware Installation for detailed instructions on installing and cabling the RAID controller in the system.
3. Power on the system. The Windows operating system should detect the new controller and display a message to inform the user.
4. The Found New Hardware Wizard screen pops up and displays the detected hardware device.
5. Click Next.
6. On the Locate device driver screen, select Search for a suitable driver for my device and click Next.
7. Insert the appropriate driver diskette and select Floppy disk drives on the Locate Driver Files screen.
8. Click Next.
9. The wizard detects and installs the appropriate device drivers for the new RAID controller.
10. Click Finish to complete the installation.
11. Reboot the server.
Reboot will be required