Custom Instructions for BR155588.exe:
Floppy Disk Boot to Disk for cerc7417_a15.exe
1. Click Download Now, to download the file.
2. If the Export Compliance Disclaimer window appears, click Yes, I Accept this Agreement.
3. When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP
users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In:
4. From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to
select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
5. If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file
icon appears on your desktop.
Hard Drive Floppy Disk Creation
1. Get 2 blank, formatted floppy disks.
2. Double-click the new icon (it looks like a floppy diskette) on
the desktop. The Self-Extractor window appears.
3. Click Setup. A black DR-DOS window appears with a message
indicating that you need 2 floppy diskettes.
4. Press the [ENTER] key.
A message appears prompting you to insert a blank floppy diskette. Insert
a floppy disk into the floppy disk drive.
5. Press the [ENTER] key. A message appears indicating that all
data on the disk will be erased.
6. Press the [y] key and then press the [ENTER] key.
The files are copied to the floppy diskette. If the procedure requires
more than one diskette, repeat steps 4 – 6 until you reach the end of the
7. After all the files have been copied to the last floppy disk,
press the [ENTER] key and the DR-DOS window closes.
1. Insert the first (or the only) disk of the set into the Floppy
2. Click Start, click Shutdown, click Restart, and then click OK.
Windows XP Users need only click restart.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Performing the CERC SATA 6ch Firmware Upgrade in Interactive Mode
The AFU includes an interactive mode.
To update the firmware using the AFU interactive mode,
follow these steps:
1. Shut down your system.
2. Reboot the system with the diskette labeled:
Dell CERC SATA 6ch Firmware
Disk 1 of 2
3. At the DOS prompt, enter the following command and
This starts the AFU in interactive mode. The AFU will detect the installed CERC SATA 6ch controllers.
4. A menu will be presented. Select the following
Update flash image
6. The AFU will issue the following message:
Update from the flash image in directory:
Change the directory if necessary, then use the TAB
key to select the OK box, and press [ENTER].
7. AFU will issue this message:
Reading flash image file...
Please insert disk labeled "Dell CERC SATA 6ch Firmware disk 2".
8. Insert the second diskette and press [ENTER].
9. AFU will complete reading the flash image, then AFU
will issue this message:
AFU is about to update firmware on controllers Dell CERC SATA 6ch
10. Select the OK box, then press [ENTER]. AFU will proceed
to update the firmware. You will see the following
Writing CERC SATA 6ch Flash image to controller 0 ...
This message will be followed by additional progress
messages. When the flash update has completed, you
will see this message:
Flash image was updated and verified successfully.
11. Press any key, then press the ESC key to exit AFU.
12. Remove any diskettes from the drive and reboot the
Instructions for FRMW_LX_R155588.BIN:
1. Click the Download Now link to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.
1. Read over the release information presented by executing the ./FRMW_LX_R155588.BIN --version command from the shell.
2. Download and install any prerequisites identified in the above step before proceeding.
3. Run the update by executing .