1. Click Download Now to download the file
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.
INSTALLING DRIVER FOR A NEW PCIe SSD DEVICE
Perform the following steps to configure the driver when you add the controller to a system that already has Windows installed.
1. Install the new PCIe SSD device in the system. Refer to User's Guide for detailed installation instructions.
2. The Windows operating system should detect the new device and display a message to inform the user.
3. The Found New Hardware Wizard screen pops up and displays the detected hardware device.
4. Click on "Next".
5. On the Locate device driver screen, select "Search" for a suitable driver for my device and click Next.
6. Insert the appropriate driver media or browse to the location where you downloaded the file and select that device on the Locate Driver Files screen.
7. Click Next.
8. The wizard detects and installs the appropriate device driver for the new PCIe SSD device.
9. Click Finish to complete the installation.
UPDATING THE DRIVER FOR EXISTING PCIe SSD DEVICES
Perform the following steps to update the Windows driver for a device already installed on your system.
NOTE: It is important that you idle your system before you update the driver.
1. Press Start > Control Panel > System. The System Properties screen displays.
2. Click on the Hardware tab.
3. Click on the Device Manager and the Device Manager screen displays.
4. Click on IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
5. Double-click on the Dell Express Flash PCIe SSD device for which you want to update the driver.
6. Click on the Driver tab and click on Update Driver. The screen for the Upgrade Device Driver Wizard displays.
7. Insert the appropriate driver media, or browse to the location where you downloaded the file.
8. Click Next.
9. Follow the steps in the Wizard to browse for new driver.
10.Select the driver.
11.Click Next and continue the installation steps in theWizard.
12.Click Finish to exit the wizard.
DRIVER UPDATE USING DELL UPDATE PACKAGE (DUP)
A Dell Update Package (DUP) is a self-contained executable in a standard Dell package format and each Update Package is designed to update a single component on your system.
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file.
2. Read over the release information presented in the dialog window.
3. Download and install any prerequisites identified in the dialog window before proceeding.
4. Click the Install button.
5. Follow the remaining prompts to perform the update.
SILENT DRIVER UPDATE
Execute the DUP from the command line (or script) as follow:
> Express_Flash_PCIe-SSD_DRVR_WIN_....exe /s /l= /r
Where: /s Executes the update silently without user intervention.
/r Reboots the system, if required, after performing the update.
/l= Appends logged messages to a specified ASCII file; creates a new file if one does not exist.
For more command line options type
> Express_Flash_PCIe-SSD_DRVR_WIN_....exe /?
or consult the "Dell Update Package User's Guide".