Upgrade from a previous version of Dell Data Protection | Access:
For Systems configured with Dell Data Protection | Access, please follow the instructions below to ensure proper and complete upgrade.
NOTE: Installation order is very important - use the following procedure, including reboots, or the software will not function properly:
NOTE: Dell strongly recommends that you backup your system prior to performing any upgrades. Use the Maintenance section of the Advanced window in Dell Data Protection | Access to create an Archive of your enrolled security credentials (if applicable).
1. Backup any previously implemented security settings (if applicable)
a) Backup enrolled credentials and keys
b) Backup any user Private Information Manager Account data
2. If Dell Secure Login is enabled; it must be disabled. Launch the Dell Data Protection | Access from the Start Menu, click on 'advanced' tab, and go to 'Access Preferences' to Disable Dell Secure Login.
4. Install downloaded software and reboot. Double click the downloaded executable or run the installer from the web. Follow the prompts from the installer.
5. Enable Dell Secure Login: Launch the Dell Data Protection | Access from the Start Menu, click on 'advanced' tab, and go to 'Access Preferences' to Enable Dell Secure Login.
6. Restore previously implemented security settings (if applicable from Step 1).
Reboot will be required