Custom Instructions for nta12drv.exe:
Driver Installation for Windows NT 4.0
To perform a fresh installation of the Windows NT device drivers
for the controller, follow these steps:
1. Boot the system using the Windows NT 4.0 CD.
2. When the message: "Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware
configuration" appears, press F6 immediately.
3. The Windows NT 4.0 Setup screen will appear, requesting
input for additional adapters in the system. Press 'S' to
specify an additional adapter.
4. A selection menu will appear. Scroll to "Other" and hit
5. Insert the driver diskette and press ENTER when prompted.
6. The selection:
"DELL PERC 2, 2/Si, 3/Si, 3/Di RAID CONTROLLERS"
will appear, hit ENTER.
7. After the driver has loaded, press ENTER to continue the installation.
NOTE: Before you perform the upgrade, uninstall the
Controller Management Software (FAST and the CLI).
See the installation guide associated with your
controller for instructions on how to uninstall the
Controller Management Software.
To upgrade the Windows NT device drivers for the controller,
follow these steps:
1. Follow this path from Start:
Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> SCSI Adapters -> Drivers
2. Click on 'ADD' in the Driver window.
3. The system displays an "Install Driver" window.
Select "Have Disk".
4. The system displays an "Install From Disk" window.
The "Install Driver" window instructs you to insert
the manufacturer's installation media into the drive
and click < Ok>. In this case, insert the diskette
that contains the NT device drivers for your
5. Enter the drive and location of the files. The
default location on the diskette that contains the NT
device drivers is: "a:\".
The system displays a message identifying the
controller for which you want to upgrade the Windows
NT device drivers. The message requests that you
click the button.
6. The system displays "System Settings Change" and asks
if you want to restart the computer. Press YES.