Custom Instructions for CZ126500.exe:
Hard Drive Installation using CZ126500.exe
1. Select the download method you want to use to retrieve the file - either HTTP or FTP.
2. If the Export Compliance Disclaimer window appears, click Yes, I Accept this Agreement.
3. When the File Download window appears, click Save this program to disk and click OK. The Save In window appears.
4. From the Save In drop-down menu click to select Desktop and then click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
5. If a Download Complete window appears, click Close. A new icon appears on your desktop.
1. Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled CZ126500.exe.
2. When the Self-Extractor window appears, click Continue.
3. A dialog box will prompt you for the directory to unzip the files to. Normally you should leave the default path. This path must be on an MS-DOS FAT partition. If you extract the files to any other type of partition (for example NTFS) you will not be able to run the diagnostics. Write down the path where the files were placed.
4. Click OK.
5. If you get a prompt asking you if you would like to create the directory, click YES.
6. After a few seconds a dialog box will appear that says that all files were successfully unzipped. Click OK to exit from the installer.
Running the Diagnostics from a Hard Drive
1. In order to run the diagnostics you must boot to an MS-DOS prompt. If necessary create a DOS boot disk. For more information, refer to Dell Knowledge Base Article TT1014475 - "What can I use for a boot disk with CD-ROM support?"
2. Insert the diskette into the diskette drive and reboot the computer.
3. At the A:/> prompt, type "C:" (or the drive letter where you saved the diagnostics to) and then press the [ENTER] key.
4. Type "cd c:\dell\drivers\Rxxxx" (or the path that you specified above) and then press [ENTER].
5. Type "Delldiag" and then press [ENTER] to run the diagnostics.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Instructions for cdd_1265.ISO:
NOTE: In order to use this file, you need a CD-R or CD-RW and appropriate software to create a CD from the downloaded image
1. Click the Download Now link to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.
1. Follow your CD writing software vendor's instructions to create a CD from the downloaded .ISO file.