Dell PowerVault 220S/221S SES Firmware, v.E.17, A06
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.
Updating Firmware Using Array Manager
(Windows & NetWare)
Dell OpenManage Array Manager software provides a comprehensive storage management solution that enables you to configure and manage local and remote storage attached to a system. Array Manager includes an integrated firmware update utility that can be used with the following operating ystems:
- Windows 2000 Server and Advanced Server
- Windows Server 2003
- Novell NetWare (all Dell-supported versions)
To update the firmware on your PowerVault 22xS storage system using Array Manager:
NOTE: In the following steps, xx refers to the firmware release number.
- Stop all I/O activity to the storage system.
- Create a directory on your local file system.
- Download the FUPG_E.xx.EXE file to a directory on your hard drive. The file downloaded is a self-extracting executable. step 2.
- Double-click the FUPG_Exx.exe file to extract the firmware update files to your system's hard drive.
- On the host system, click the Start button and select Programs > Dell OpenManage Applications
> Array Manager > Array Manager Console.
- Select Arrays > PERC Subsystem.
- Select the controller that is linked to the enclosure you are upgrading.
- Right-click the enclosure object and select Download Firmware.
- Navigate to the .bin file that was extracted in step 4.
- Double-click the .bin file and follow the directions on your screen. When the update is complete, a message appears indicating that the update was successful.
Note: The firmware update may take up to 5 minutes to complete depending on the server speed. Please allow the appropriate time for the firmware update to complete.
- Restart I/O activity to the storage system.
Windows Dell Update Packages Procedure
Dell Update Packages (DUPs) are software utilities provided by Dell to update specific software components on your Dell system. DUPs provide an easy-to-use graphical user interface (GUI) that enables you to apply a software update to either a single system or, remotely, to multiple systems using your organization’s software distribution tools. DUPs run separately from Array Manager, so you can use a DUP if Array Manager is not available on your host system. Dell provides DUPs for the following operating systems:
Linux Dell Update Packages
This driver has been tested by both the independent software vendor (ISV) and Dell on the operating systems, graphics cards, and application supported by your device to ensure maximum compatibility and performance. Details
Dell recommends applying this update during your next scheduled update cycle. The update contains feature enhancements or changes that will help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (firmware, BIOS, drivers and software).