Windows based firmware update for ST3320413AS/ST3500413AS/ST31000524AS:
1. Download and unzip "B765JC49.zip" into your desktop.
2. In "B765JC49" folder, please search for the "Windows" folder.
3. Double click "B7032100.EXE" and it will begin to run. On the first screen you will select your language, and then select "OK". The next screen is a warning screen, please read and select "Next" if you agree. The next screen is the License Agreement screen. If you agree, click "I agree" and then click "Next".
4. You will then come to the screen that asks you to close and save all applications and to back up your data. When you are ready to start the firmware update, please check the "Begin firmware update procedure", and then click "Proceed".
5. The system will reboot and load the firmware. Once the firmware update is complete the system will boot up into Windows normally.
DOS based firmware update for ST3250312AS/ST3320413AS/ST3500413AS/ST31000524AS:
1. Unzip "B765JC49.zip" into your bootable USB key. Boot up the computer with USB key.
2. In "Dos" folder, just type "JC49.BAT" at the DOS prompt and press the enter key.
3. Your system will now start updating the HDD firmware. Once the firmware update is completed, your system will display a "DRIVE PASSED" message. If you already have the correct JC49 firmware on your hard drive, you will get a "This drive already has this firmware. DRIVE FAILED TO LOAD the TARGET CODE" message.
4. Remove your USB key, and turn off your system using the computers power button. Once the computer has been powered down, you can now turn the computer on normally.
Reboot will be required