Instructions for R101840.EXE
1. Click the Download Now link to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file to unzip the download package
2. Click Continue.
3. Specify the location to unzip the files.
4. Click on the OK button to extract files.
After the files are extracted the message all files were successfully unzipped will appear.
5. Click the OK button to exit from the installer.
To update the firmware for your PERC 4/DC adapter, perform the following steps:
1. Extract the contents of the firmware package to your hardrive.
2. Copy the contents of the package to a formatted floppy disk, USB key, or CD-ROM.
3. Power on the server. From the EFI Boot Manager Menu, select EFI Shell.
4. Insert the media which contains the firmware update files from step 2.
This may be a USB key, floppy diskette (a USB floppy drive may be used), or CD-ROM.
5. At the Shell> prompt, type 'map -r' to view all mounted devices. Locate the device which contains the firmware update files - it will be enumerated as fs0, fs1, ect.
6. To change to the proper device, type 'fs1:'
NOTE: Your device may have a different file system number.
7. From the fs1:> prompt type 'percupd.nsh' to initiate the firmware update.
8. Follow the instructions from the EFI update tool to complete the firmware upgrade.
9. You will need to restart your system for the new firmware to take effect.
Custom Instructions for perc4dc-IA64-351S-A05.txt:
Download the readme file to view information about this release.