Instructions for F6_regfix_1026.exe
1. Click the Download Now link to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file to unzip the download package.
2. Specify the location to unzip the files.
3. Click on the unzip button to extract files.
Instructions to install the extracted file:
1. Copy the files from the driver package to a floppy diskette.
2. Copy the drivers for your boot controller to a separate floppy diskette. These drivers can be obtained from http://support.dell.com or from the Dell installation CDs that came with your system.
3. Boot to the Windows Server 2003 install CD.
4. Immediately press "F6" to install the regfix driver and additional device drivers for the boot controller.
5. When prompted, press "s" to select and add additional devices.
6. Insert the floppy diskette containing the regfix files into the diskette drive and press .
7. Press to select the Dell System Repair Utility
8. Press "s" to add the driver for your boot controller.
9. Insert the floppy diskette containing the boot controller drivers into the diskette drive and press .
10. Select the appropriate device driver and press .
11. Press to continue.
- After the "Setup is starting Windows" message, the results of the Regfix driver will appear in a new screen.