Instructions for PE2400-281_6098-A14.exe
1. Click the Download Now link to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file to create the diskette set.
2. Insert a blank diskette then click Continue.
3. When prompted, repeat step 2 until you reach the end of the diskette set. Label each diskette with a disk number starting from 1.
4. After all the files have been copied to the last diskette, click Finish.
The firmware update utility on this diskette is DOS-based and named AFU.EXE. It offers both interactive and command line modes.
Performing the PERC 2/Si Firmware Upgrade in Interactive Mode
The AFU interactive mode is entered by issuing the AFU command with no command line switches. This mode simplifies the firmware update process for PERC 2/Si when one or more PERC 2/3 controllers are present.
To update the firmware using the AFU interactive mode, follow these steps:
1. Shut down your system.
2. Reboot the system with the diskette labeled:
DELL PERC 2/Si Firmware
Disk 1 of 2
***NOTE: If the system has not been set up to boot from the diskette, please read system documentation for instructions on how to set this up.
3. At the DOS prompt, enter the following command and press ENTER:
This starts the AFU in interactive mode. The AFU will detect the integrated PERC 2/Si and any installed PERC 2 controllers and present them for selection in a list.
4. If only PERC 2/Si is detected then AFU will select it. Otherwise, using the arrow keys, highlight PERC 2/Si and select it by pressing the space bar and press ENTER.
5. A "Select an Operation" menu will be presented. Select the following option and press ENTER:
Update flash image
6. The AFU will issue the following message:
Update from the flash image file in directory:
Change the directory if necessary, then use the TAB key to select the OK box, and press ENTER.
7. AFU will issue following message:
Reading flash image file (Build xxxx)...
8. AFU will issue following message after reading flash image from first diskette:
Please insert disk labeled "PERC 2/Si Firmware disk 2"
9. Insert the second diskette and press ENTER.
10. AFU will complete reading the flash image and issue following message:
AFU is about to update firmware on controller(s) Dell PERC 2/Si
*** PLEASE DO NOT REBOOT THE SYSTEM DURING THE UPDATE ***
This might take a few minutes. Select OK to continue.
11. Select the OK box, then press ENTER. AFU will proceed to update the firmware and issue following message:
Writing PERC 2/Si integrated flash image to controller 0 ...
This message will be followed by additional progress messages. When the flash update has completed, you will see this message:
Controller #0 Dell PERC 2/Si
Flash image was updated and verified successfully
***NOTE: If you selected multiple controllers, AFU will prompt you to insert the diskette after the successful update of first controller. Please insert firmware diskette 1 for second controller.
12. Press any key, then press the ESC key to exit AFU. Remove any diskettes from the drive and reboot the system.
***NOTE: System must be rebooted after performing firmware update on PERC 2/Si before attempting any access to drives attached to the controller.
Performing the Controller Firmware Upgrade in Command Line Mode
AFU in command line mode returns its exit status (zero for success or non-zero for an error) in the DOS environment variable ERRORLEVEL.
The following instructions explain how to upgrade the controller fir