Notes : The following information is only applicable if you are currently using Non PlaysForSure firmware, and wish to upgrade to PlaysForSure firmware.
This firmware update adds PlaysForSure functionality to your Dell DJ (Gen 2). As a PlaysForSure-enabled device, your Dell DJ (Gen 2) will be recognized on Microsoft Windows XP systems with a PlaysForSure-enabled application installed, without having to install additional drivers. The PlaysForSure-enabled application will be the primary application for content management between your Dell DJ (Gen 2) and your computer.
- All content in your Dell DJ (Gen 2) will be lost when you install this firmware.
- Be sure to back up all audio and data files from your Dell DJ (Gen 2) before installing this firmware update.
- Music purchased prior to this firmware update may no longer play.
- After installing the PlaysForSure firmware, use a PlaysForSure-enabled application and Windows Explorer to restore files to your player. Your existing Musicmatch 9.0 and Dell DJ Explorer do not support PlaysForSure features.
- This firmware currently works only on Windows XP.
- Installation of this firmware may take up to 5 minutes, and your device may reboot a number of times during installation.
- Windows XP with Service Pack 1 or 2
- A PlaysForSure-enabled application installed on your computer, for example, Musicmatch Jukebox 10 or Windows Media Player 10
- Fully charged Dell DJ (Gen 2) battery