HLDS GCC-4244N 24x slim combo, v.B104, A03
This is a DOS based firmware flash utility that will update the HL-DT-ST GCC4244 CD-RW/DVD (Dell Assembly numbers: PD438 ) to firmware revision B104.
-Fixes installation problem when installing with Dell PowerEdge Installation and Server Management discs using Windows Server SP1 ISO images burnt to CD-R.
By downloading, you accept the terms of the Dell Software License Agreement.
Instructions for R143185.EXE
1. Click the Download Now link to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file to unzip the download package
2. Click Continue.
3. Specify the location to unzip the files.
4. Click on the OK button to extract files.
After the files are extracted the message all files were successfully unzipped will appear.
5. Click the OK button to exit from the installer.
Note: You will need to provide a bootable DOS Floppy diskette or a bootable DOS Memory Key.
This package does not contain DOS system files.
Warning! Do not power cycle system during Firmware Flash Process.
Firmware Flash Procedure
1. Copy the files extracted from the Zip package to a bootable DOS Floppy diskette or a bootable DOS Memory Key.
2. Boot to the bootable DOS Floppy diskette or bootable DOS Memory Key.
3. The autoexec.bat will run and the firmware flash will begin automatically.
4. When the firmware flash completes successfully remove the bootable DOS Floppy diskette or bootable DOS Memory Key.
5. Power cycle the System.
The executable will extract files needed to flash the drive in a DOS environment. These files need to be copied to a bootable DOS Floppy diskette or bootable DOS Memory Key. The executable does not create MS-DOS system files. This flash will update the drive's firmware to B104. You must remove the bootable Floppy diskette or bootable Memory Key and power cycle the system before using the drive.
If the firmware re-flash fails (e.g., system hangs, etc.), power cycle the system and try again.
This driver has been tested by both the independent software vendor (ISV) and Dell on the operating systems, graphics cards, and application supported by your device to ensure maximum compatibility and performance. Details
Dell recommends the customer review specifics about the update to determine if it applies to your system. The update contains changes that impact only certain configurations, or provides new features that may/may not apply to your environment.