Custom Instructions for R172699.exe:
Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with HTML Pop-Up Window for
1.Click Download Now, to download the file.
2.When the File Download window appears, click Save this program to
disk (Windows XP users, click Save) and click OK. The Save In: window
3.From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to
select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4.If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file
name icon appears on your desktop.
1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R172699.exe.
The Self-Extractor window appears.
2.Click OK or Continue.
The Self-Extracting Driver Installation window appears and prompts to
extract files to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R172699. Write down this path so the executable (i.e. dso_configfix.reg) can be found later.
3.Leave all of the default settings and click Unzip or OK. If the
directory doesn't exist, you'll be prompted to create one. Click Yes. A
Self Extractor window appears and indicates C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R172699 files were
Now you are ready to proceed with installing the patch:
1. run C:\Dell\Drivers\R172699\dso-configfix.reg
2. If DataSafe Online is open (any error message boxes), press ok and close them.
3. User double-clicks on the patch named dso-configfix.reg
4. The user may be prompted for permission to continue to start the registry editor, press continue.
5. A warning will appear regarding "Adding information unintentionally can cause components to stop working correctly". Select "Yes" to continue.
6. The final screen should notify the user that the values and keys contained in the file have been updated. Press OK.
7. The patch is complete and has reset the entries to allow DataSafe Online to start properly.
8. It is safe to cancel the readme.txt window and patch screen window and start DataSafe Online.