Custom Instructions for 39160A02.exe:
Instructions for 39160A02.exe
NOTE: You will need a pre-formatted DOS boot floppy to extract to and run these files from. DOS 6.22 is recommended
1. Click the Download Now link to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file to unzip the download package.
2. Insert bootable floppy into floppy drive.
3. Specify the drive letter of your floppy drive as the location to unzip the files.
4. Click on the unzip button to extract files.
1. Boot system from the DOS bootable floppy diskette with extracted files from step 4 above.
2. Type the following command under DOS command to flash the BIOS:
Flash4.exe -w 39160.rom
This command will flash BIOS (39160.rom) to all adapters in the system that have the same model.
After successfully flashing BIOS, the utility returns status code 0.
3. Restart the system and verify that the adapter posts the correct BIOS banner during system booting up.
If there are some other adapter models in the system besides the ones you want to flash, the flash utility will return status code 13: Unable to flash some of the host adapters after flashing. Ignore this error status since flashing to the required adapters has been successfully finished and the BIOS of those other adapter models are not changed.
For more information on the flash4 utility, please read interfac.doc that is included
in this diskette.